•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue "Unstable" Lightsaber effect in JKA Single Player??

Hey, @Subaru & @The Unguided

I was wondering if you could help me out with a request? I've spoken with "Plasma", over on Steam chat and he recommended contacting you, regarding this enquiry. Ok, basically.. Long story short.. What I'm trying to do, is replicate Kylo Ren's "unstable" saber affect, in my Single Player game of "Jedi Academy". A forum thread, that I created for the subject, over on JKHub.org can be found below, to maybe better explain and help you understand what I'm wanting to do;

https://jkhub.org/topic/7281-unstable-saber-effect-for-jka-single-player-possiblerequest/

Now, I have the MBII mod installed and I've accessed the .pk3 files (via WinRAR). I believe I have the correct files needed, but would just like to confirm with you what I need. I would like to state, that I'm NOT looking for the hilt of Kylo Ren. I'm just looking for the "unstable" saber blade and the sounds associated with it. This is also a regular, single blade and NOT a cross-guard.

The files I currently have saved in a folder named 'Unstable Lightsaber mod' are as follows:

- 2 subfolders (ext. data & sound)
- saber_blade.jpg
- saber_blade_unstable.jpg
- saber_end.jpg
(All 3 .jpg files have been extracted from the MBII assets)

- The "ext. data" folder contains a subfolder called "sabers" and in that folder is the .sab file named (by myself) as "unstable_saber.sab"
- The "sound" folder contains a subfolder called "weapons" and in that folder is another subfolder named "unstable". In that folder is all the sounds for the unstable saber.

**Note**
I'd also like to note that I am using a mod called "JK: Enhanced", for my Single Player game-play experience. This is basically to get the SFX/movie-like sabers in the game.

I'm hoping to use this unstable blade effect on a particular colour or possibly hilt (if it is or can be made "hilt specific"). Now, as far as the actual colour of the "unstable" saber itself, goes.. I'm looking to use a colour I don't usually choose, either yellow, green or orange.

If you can get back to me and help me out with this, it'd be much appreciated. If you also have Steam, you can add and contact me on there, as it will maybe speed up the process. But yeah, if you can help, that'd be great.

Regards,
Damian Howard

Last edited:

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
Hey there

So you'd like to have the effects and sounds attached to a JKA SP saber hilt, right? :D It would be hilt specific in the first place.

Now, you should decide which hilt might be considered as the asset of your proposition. Let's say, saber_8 the one called "Defender" in game. This file would be the basement of your replacement. I suggest you to avoid giving different names to the files at all, let's overwrite everything related to it, do not differentiate folders' route. In case of the sounds however, let's leave everything as it is, just copy the content to your .PK3 file.