•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server Trying to make a personal server

I've made a personal server before, ya know with the jampDED.exe, Sever.cfg and Server.bat, yet for some reason I can't get it to work this time!
I'm following the guides to a T and it's not working despite doing the exact same thing before. The bat file refuses to launch when I put it in the gamedata folder no matter what I do and it only launches when in the MBII Folder and when it does launch It keeps saying this:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII>jampDed.exe +set fs_game "MBII" +set net_IP 26.143.67.55 +set net_port 29070 +exec server.cfg +set dedicated 1
(internal)JAmp: v1.0.1.0 win-x86 Oct 30 2003
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII/MBII
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII/base

----------------------
0 files in pk3 files
Running in restricted demo mode.
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII/demo

----------------------
0 files in pk3 files
Couldn't load mpdefault.cfg

It can't load mpdefault.cfg I dunno what this is about but I have tried everything to that I can think of to get this to work, I've tried making the cfg file, I've tried copying someone elses, I've tried loading up the jedi academy multiplayer to see if that worked but nothing did!

I'm stumped on this, can some one help me?

Last edited:
Solution
D
You can try using mbiided or openjkded. Also the batch file is meant to be put in GameData. Post your parameters please.

Also the reason why it can't launch is because it's looking for jampDed inside /MBII, when the executable is in /GameData
I've made a personal server before, ya know with the jampDED.exe, Sever.cfg and Server.bat, yet for some reason I can't get it to work this time!
I'm following the guides to a T and it's not working despite doing the exact same thing before. It keeps saying this:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII>jampDed.exe +set fs_game "MBII" +set net_IP 26.143.67.55 +set net_port 29070 +exec server.cfg +set dedicated 1
(internal)JAmp: v1.0.1.0 win-x86 Oct 30 2003
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII/MBII
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII/base

----------------------
0 files in pk3 files
Running in restricted demo mode.
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII/demo

----------------------
0 files in pk3 files
Couldn't load mpdefault.cfg

It can't load mpdefault.cfg I dunno what this is about but I have tried everything to that I can think of to get this to work, I've tried making the cfg file, I've tried copying someone elses, I've tried loading up the jedi academy multiplayer to see if that worked but nothing did!

I'm stumped on this, can some one help me?
Hi

D

Deleted member 8224

You can try using mbiided or openjkded. Also the batch file is meant to be put in GameData. Post your parameters please.

Also the reason why it can't launch is because it's looking for jampDed inside /MBII, when the executable is in /GameData

Solution

I managed to get it working, all I had to do was move the Jampded.exe into my gamedata for it to work.