TK'ing needs to be fixed.

Teamkilling needs to be tweaked, bad.

Imagine this: You and most of your team is bunched up in front of a door, and a sith comes through it. A gunner in the back has a genius idea to throw a grenade at his feet to hopefully kill the sith, not even thinking about his teammates. This grenade kills 2 teammates, and badly damages 2 others, and the sith is completely untouched, just like the gunner who threw it, who is now miles away.

Pretty annoying right?

So fix it. If a teammate does something stupid like this, it should kill them. If you teamkill someone, it will automatically rack up TK points. Be more careful. If you get to a much higher but predetermined number of TK points, you will be kicked from the server for X amount of rounds.

Instead of punishing the teammates 4 who were defending the door by killing and injuring them, punish the gunner that threw the grenade and ran away to cover, leaving your team such little time to even react to that grenade. I've seen this happen many times, and not even in bunches of my team. There will be a sith/low value target that walks through the door and a gunner will literally throw a grenade right at my feet and run off, and it kills me and doesn't even touch the enemy.

If anything else, it should do very little damage to the team and almost kill if not kill the person who threw the grenade.

Grenades are just the tip of the iceberg.

Long story short with anything else, each time you shoot a teammate, YOUR health goes down. Be more careful. Don't be careless.

Please tweak TKing.

(Troll - "TKing is half the fun of MB2" , "It's not wrong if it was funny" , etc"

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
sounds like a time when you just need to not push

There's more solid arguments for changing stuff like the single life limit than there is for this
Just, like, be careful
It really is that simple

Just reduce TK damage and you buff gunners the right way, improves team dynamic and the synergy of every gunner classes.
It would make soldier spam actually viable.
Mirror damage would just makes the lack of teamwork even worse.

Last edited:
Just reduce TK damage and you buff gunners the right way, improves team dynamic and the synergy of every gunner classes.
Mirror damage would just makes the lack of teamwork even worse.
No, you buff new player shooting team in back. Its less annoying for team probably, but still, it's fine as is, if new player sees himself taking all your hp, and he's not a jackass, he'll try to avoid it more. Mostly cause one day he'll feel our rage when being shot Btw, thread revival is black Magik,
stahp it. Also, soldier spam IS viable, you just need to have players who can aim, and not kill eachother.

Last edited:
I think maybe a good idea would be to add a 'history' for tk points.
Like if I enter a server and for 10 rounds I don't tk anyone, then all of a sudden I accidently shoot a teammate and kill him, then he !p's me, then maybe that punish should be cut in half because I have a good 'history'.

Is that too hard or too complicated?

Also, the only time TK makes me mad, is for example:
Throws a TD into an enemy group
Kills 2 teammates that I didn't see in that group
Both punish me, earning 500 tk points
(500/300/700)
So now, for at least 4 rounds I have to play a BH, and just hitting ONE teammate will kill me, and by doing so, I get more TK points, which last 6 rounds.
It's frustrating

Oops, MB2 fucked me over and somehow my swing backwacked you instead of the enemy.

No no, please do punish me. It was totally my fault.

I do agree that nades/rockets that get pushed back and kill/hurt teammates should effect the one who threw/shot them tho. Maybe not giving this person the full tk points but only half. Also jedi/sith could be punished less, if they mess up a push by only giving them half the tk points.
It's not entirely your fault if your nade is pushed back. I only found like 1 or 2 other players in the whole community who starts shooting the force user when a mate primes a nade.
Soldiers are totally viable imo. The problem is that almost noone plays in team mentality. In 1v1 dodging widely is ok, but in a team you need to dodge only when shot at and step only a bit aside. Commiting to fights gets priority: you can't hide while your teammates are targets, you either live or die together. What you get instead are players dodging across the whole corridor, others competing for the covers and half of the team changing their mind and turn back and leave the front ones behind.

DeshieL

Donator
I was thinking what if we could punish tkers by, when reaching red tier of penalty, the damage caused to team would be shared.
But only in RED mode. You hit someone from the team and you suffer the same damage. Or full percentage while the tked suffers only half.

It's not entirely your fault if your nade is pushed back. I only found like 1 or 2 other players in the whole community who starts shooting the force user when a mate primes a nade.

That's the tricky part with TK points. On one hand you want to punish reckless players but it will also punish others. I don't think it would be too bad if the points you get in this situation aren't too high. You can always use sec nades or make sure your team has enough time and cover to react to that push.

That's the tricky part with TK points. On one hand you want to punish reckless players but it will also punish others. I don't think it would be too bad if the points you get in this situation aren't too high. You can always use sec nades or make sure your team has enough time and cover to react to that push.
Sorry, I think I misread your post. I totally agree with both your ideas.

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
TK points for pushed nades or TDs should be at least halved
Or just made half in general for TDs. Kind of stupid to get tons of TK points because my teammate comes down an elevator into a TD, comes around a corner when one is used, etc