•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher The launcher no longer works for me

After trying this on two computers, I don't know what I could be doing wrong. I've just partitioned my mac to have windows so I have access to this game and many more, and I get the same problem as I would on my desktop. I first will download JKA on steam and run it. Then I download the launcher and click complete install and let it do its thing (with the game data folder being selected of course). Once the download is finished, I can launch it. However, it sends me into base JKA everytime. I even try to launch the mod from setup there, but it sends me straight back into the main menu of base JKA. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated, I haven't been able to play this game for some time now and I miss it.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
It isn't clear from your post on which OS you're trying to run Movie Battles now, Mac or Win.
And I have no idea what to do in such situation on mac.

Hovewer, on Windows you just need to delete files "cgamex86.dll", "jampgamex86.dll", "uix86.dll" from these folders:
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData"
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData\base"
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII"
Also you can switch to MBII client.

If that won't work, here is a link: https://community.moviebattles.org/attachments/mbii-zip.940/
  • Download a file by that link
  • Unpack it to "Jedi Academy\GameData" folder
  • Start the Movie Battles
  • Keep Movie Battles running (or whatever will be loaded)
  • Run downloaded script, wait till you see a message box
  • Go to "My Documents" folder, you'll see a new file: "MBII diag mods.txt"
  • Upload it to this thread

It isn't clear from your post on which OS you're trying to run Movie Battles now, Mac or Win.
And I have no idea what to do in such situation on mac.

Hovewer, on Windows you just need to delete files "cgamex86.dll", "jampgamex86.dll", "uix86.dll" from these folders:
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData"
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData\base"
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII"
Also you can switch to MBII client.

If that won't work, here is a link: https://community.moviebattles.org/attachments/mbii-zip.940/
  • Download a file by that link
  • Unpack it to "Jedi Academy\GameData" folder
  • Start the Movie Battles
  • Keep Movie Battles running (or whatever will be loaded)
  • Run downloaded script, wait till you see a message box
  • Go to "My Documents" folder, you'll see a new file: "MBII diag mods.txt"
  • Upload it to this thread
Thanks for the reply, sorry I knew I was missing something. I'm on windows, I'll give this a try

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
1. Move Launcher to GameData
2. Run Launcher as admin
3. Go to settings and check Steam Integration + Check integrity
4. Restart launcher
5. Click play

So, it's something with the launcher. I was trying to keep the original part of my mac free of games and stuff, but I just downloaded it here no problem and it works perfectly. Not sure whats wrong with the launcher. Thanks for the help anyways though guys.