Suggestion on improving gunners.

It's come to my attention that too many gunners are being ruthlessly sniped! The amount of gunner casualties are in quote "Too damn high". While i do think that playing an aggressive gunner style can really wrack up that kd, i propose a new gunner stat/play style exclusive to infantry. (This does not correlate to sbds/dekas).

A defensive perk given to infantry who purchase dex 3, not only allowing them to currently roll and such, but also allowing them to peak out of cover! Now before you shoot down this suggestion, just here me out :). Most of the maps I've seen heavy amounts of newbie trooper death involve heavy amounts of heroes/bounty hunters and occasionally the 3 stat sniper/blaster mandos. Maps such as lunarbase and dotf can heavily lock down part of the map with or without saber wielding enemy/friends. Sure the troopers have those corners to run out of but it's just not enough. Snipers can predict these movements easily. To compensate this, i was thinking the infantry could throw their weapon out of cover for a little bit and let out a burst of fire to deter the enemy to not fire back for some time. This has many uses.

1.The short burst needed to make the enemy go back into cover can allow an advancing party the time they need to flank or flush out the enemy.
2.The sniper might get over-competent and might be hit by a stray projectile forcing him to duck again.
3.Infantry are now granted just a tiny bit more leverage so they don't end up shooting each other in the halls, and instead, can coordinate advancement with each other.

Here is an example of what I am referring to.
cover2.jpg

Notice the guy on the left. Weather it be a skill, a purchase, or a default ability. I think this mechanic would be great in MB2. I'm open to constructive criticism as to why this would/wouldn't work.;)

I actually found MBII get a lot harder for me when the bullet speed was increased. I keep aiming where they are going to go, and the bullets pass them before they hit em. I gotta work on that.

Preston

Nerd
I actually found MBII get a lot harder for me when the bullet speed was increased. I keep aiming where they are going to go, and the bullets pass them before they hit em. I gotta work on that.
Yea thats kinda what I was getting at, it just takes adjustments to get use to changes like bullet time. But it shouldnt necessarily be harder in a way I guess

It's come to my attention that too many gunners are being ruthlessly sniped! The amount of gunner casualties are in quote "Too damn high". While i do think that playing an aggressive gunner style can really wrack up that kd, i propose a new gunner stat/play style exclusive to infantry. (This does not correlate to sbds/dekas).

A defensive perk given to infantry who purchase dex 3, not only allowing them to currently roll and such, but also allowing them to peak out of cover! Now before you shoot down this suggestion, just here me out :). Most of the maps I've seen heavy amounts of newbie trooper death involve heavy amounts of heroes/bounty hunters and occasionally the 3 stat sniper/blaster mandos. Maps such as lunarbase and dotf can heavily lock down part of the map with or without saber wielding enemy/friends. Sure the troopers have those corners to run out of but it's just not enough. Snipers can predict these movements easily. To compensate this, i was thinking the infantry could throw their weapon out of cover for a little bit and let out a burst of fire to deter the enemy to not fire back for some time. This has many uses.

1.The short burst needed to make the enemy go back into cover can allow an advancing party the time they need to flank or flush out the enemy.
2.The sniper might get over-competent and might be hit by a stray projectile forcing him to duck again.
3.Infantry are now granted just a tiny bit more leverage so they don't end up shooting each other in the halls, and instead, can coordinate advancement with each other.

Notice the guy on the left. Weather it be a skill, a purchase, or a default ability. I think this mechanic would be great in MB2. I'm open to constructive criticism as to why this would/wouldn't work.;)

I don't think this is the type of game where cover tactics would properly apply. Most of the maps are narrow hallways and no crouch cover.

Get a friendly saberist with deflect 3 and shoot him so he deflects at the sniper.
I tried that once with a friend of mine couple of years ago, but back then I ended up killing my friend rather than the sniper-bullet actually deflecting off him and onto an opponent he was tracking. Is it actually a valid tactic?

I have yet to see it in action to a successful degree...

I tried that once with a friend of mine couple of years ago, but back then I ended up killing my friend rather than the sniper-bullet actually deflecting off him and onto an opponent he was tracking. Is it actually a valid tactic?

I have yet to see it in action to a successful degree...
It's a rarity. And using projectile rifle is dangerous. We always used just pistol or e11 primary for it since you can get off a good few shots without the saberist worrying about it.