Suggestion make Force Lightning deflectable

Now I am going to share one of my suggestions for movie battles 2 that I had already for a long time.

As you can read in the title I wanted to suggest to make force lightning deflectable at other opponents.

If you can't imagine what I am talking about then take a long right here.
3738427-sidious+fries.gif

Windu is able to throw the lightning back at his opponent.

As for movie battles 2 I thought about making this possible by using the block, attack and w,s,a,d keys just like mblock works, to decide in which direction the lightning should be deflected.

Perhaps making this ability only possible for Jedis/Siths with deflect level 3.

It would look ingame like this here.

zyzc8l8y.jpg

Now by using the block button and holding the attack key as well you can now choose the direction with w,s,a,d as mentioned above.

Would look like this here.
qyhm3gzj.jpg

I am not that good at photoshop but if you take a closer look you will notice that the force lightning is now being deflected back at target 1.

This scenario could be like one Sith and one Soldier are facing a Jedi. While the Sith is throwing his force lightning at the Jedi, the Jedi is now able to throw the
force lightning back at other opponents (in this case at the soldier)

Yeah so that's it. my first suggestion for movie battles 2. Thanks for reading.

- Bossk

I honestly think coding this doesnt worth the effort. If I'd see that a Jedi is deflecting my own lightning back to me, I'd obviously stop using the ability, to stop damaging myself.

I honestly think coding this doesnt worth the effort. If I'd see that a Jedi is deflecting my own lightning back to me, I'd obviously stop using the ability, to stop damaging myself.
Well I mentioned that you can throw the lightning back at the gunners. And it would only work if you have deflect level 3. You can't know who has deflect level 3 and who doesn't.

Its the same as deflecting gun fire, better players stop shooting Jedi/Sith who's deflecting back gun fire. Lightning has shorter range than gun fire has anyway, so this could be useful only in close range combat... but nobody uses Lightning in a Jedi vs Sith & Gunner close combat fight, unless the Sith Force Focused the Jedi and the Sith has Push 3 + Lightning 3 combo, but in this case Jedi couldnt deflect the lightning anyway.

Edit: If there's a sniper who doesnt know the Jedi has deflect 3, and the Jedi deflects back the sniper shot, someone could die, even if we're talking about a lvl1 pistol shot, the target suffer noticable damage. But if this happens with a lighning jolt, the target lost dunno 10 shield points? :D And this target must be close to the Jedi, because lightning is not a long range ability like gun fire.

Last edited:
Yup I already created this suggestion back on the old forum, sadly no success. You know what I was thinking, what if yea you're deflecting the lighting back at the sender, and the sender can only cancel the lighting after like 1 sec so he still takes some damage you know.

We're still talking about ~10 HP damage, and it is also possible that the Sith will still have enough FP to negate the deflected lightning with Force Block. There's too much "if" in this story and the potential reward is very small. I love to see improvements in the mod, but making this would be waste of time, even if making this possible would be an easy and fast task.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
I like this idea aswell, but might be too much work for nothing.

If lightning drains FP then it would be rather overpowered wouldn't it? Perhaps limit the FP drain component to Lightning lvl 3 and make sure it doesn't drain that much. Could still be quite powerful though. Maybe you could add a knockback component to lightning (lvl 3) if it isn't Mblock deflected after a certain amount of time, maybe 0.5-0.7 sec, instead of it draining FP. Not sure which is more OP. In any case, lvl 3 takes alot of points so it may be justified.

It just worries me that Lightside forcepowers would become too weak compared to lightning/grip if this was added to lightning 3.

Would really only be useful if lightning did FP damage as Hexodious stated, which in my opinion it should.

Honestly, light side users would just deflect the lighting back at the caster lol. Well light side never had badass abilites like Force choke and such :D

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
When I say drain FP, I mean like 50% of the FP you are losing yourself for casting Lightning. That way the attacker is always losing more FP than the target, but this can be used to combo with team mates in a way other than scoring knockdowns and blocking lightsabers. This can also then be used for the Sith to lightning someone below the force block rating effectively forcing them to block or take HP damage from lightning. Helps lightning out as a killing power.

For Example: Sith uses 30fp on Lightning while targeting a Jedi. The Jedi has lose a total of 15fp.

The trade-off can be tweaked in effectiveness to whatever value feels balanced. Start at 50% and increase or decrease the effectiveness to fine tune it.

(P.s. I also want non-melee Lightning 3 to be single target like Lightning 2)

Last edited:
They had absorb which pretty much negated all the badass force powers.
And protect.

I could see protect maybe working.
Cons - Would cost X amount to use, no force regeneration until status effect wore off.
Pros - Triples Damage reduxion and gives cortosis! Tank that sniper bullet to the head. Shrug off a saber strike to the balls, you're a man's man.

Well Chaos I think you know what I meant by badass force power : Force Kill, Force Crush, Force Choke, Force Lighting, etc... :D. light side powers be like anti-badass powers protect/absorb which yea basically counters them.

I feel like the MBII coding team is secretly nonexistent now (most left) and that they are surviving on a leftover god coding manual from someone to praise new updates slowly.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I think we tried this once in beta when the visual effect of deflecting lightning was added. I can't remember the reason it doesn't affect gameplay though.