Some questions about starting up in MB2

Hey everybody! I've been lucky enough to find some really nice people on servers, some great info in the library, and some great info across the web, all of which have helped me to begin learning the ins and outs of this game. I think I have the basics of saber dueling down, so now I wanna ask some questions in the community that might help me as well:

1: No surprise, I wanna main jedi. As many of us do, I love the idea of sentient beings close to some mystical force of goodness and knowledge and all of that jazz. However, I have heard that to effectively play Jedi in MB2, you have to spend time as the other classes. I don't mind this, as I wouldn't mind getting to spend some time as a stormtrooper and a wookie and Han Solo and Boba Fett and all of those characters, but generally speaking, how good should I get with the other classes before focusing on Jedi? I assume I don't have to master the classes, but I do wanna put in the work to at least get decent. How much should I practice?

2: What good roles can a Jedi play? I love the idea of a team/objective based game, and I love Star Wars. I wanna be helpful to my team, and i'm not sure what role a Jedi would play. Do I mostly focus on knocking enemies over with the force for my friends? Do I use mind trick, sense, and maybe speed to stealthily open up an objective for my friends/sneak away with the objective in the midst of chaos? Do I act like fighting support, distracting gunners and jedi with the danger of being sabered, giving my team more room to complete the objective?

3: What force powers are the most useful? My current set up is first middle style in saber, all three ranks for all defensive jedi powers, 2nd rank jump, and 3rd rank pull. I figure jump is good for shortcuts and evasion, yellow is good for generally fighting whomever I need to fight, and full pull is good for getting running and jumping enemies close to me for saber punishment. Is this a good setup?

Thanks for the great game and servers! May the Force be with you all :D

1.Well, if you ask me you should from time to time play as a soldier or other class. Mainly because mastering jedi class takes time(most of super-mega jedi on servers you see spend 4-10 years of their life in game).How much ? I dont know, maybe when you'll die less ;)? It all depends from you.You wont be jedi all the time so take your time to play diffrent classes(playing diffrent classes is also important by the fact of "jedi rush". I dont know if you seen this but sometimes on server people will go all jedi/sith for "easy victory". For a someone who plays mainly gunners its annoying so be wary of this:)).
2.Support is main role of jedi. You mainly take on Siths and help your teammates takeout enemy gunners with your defllect ability. Ofcourse what kind of support you are wary on your abilities. But dont get too full of yourself, if you will see jedi taking out whole enemy team, know that he/she propbaly played 2-3-7 years(like i pointed out in point 1).
3.In my opinion its very good setup. Not many people use pull and its damm usefull against gunners(i know from my own expirance:confused:). I would consider making another loadout like this but with jump 3 and maybe trying out mind trick or speed when you will get better.

1: No surprise, I wanna main jedi. As many of us do, I love the idea of sentient beings close to some mystical force of goodness and knowledge and all of that jazz. However, I have heard that to effectively play Jedi in MB2, you have to spend time as the other classes. I don't mind this, as I wouldn't mind getting to spend some time as a stormtrooper and a wookie and Han Solo and Boba Fett and all of those characters, but generally speaking, how good should I get with the other classes before focusing on Jedi? I assume I don't have to master the classes, but I do wanna put in the work to at least get decent. How much should I practice?
Months

2: What good roles can a Jedi play? I love the idea of a team/objective based game, and I love Star Wars. I wanna be helpful to my team, and i'm not sure what role a Jedi would play. Do I mostly focus on knocking enemies over with the force for my friends? Do I use mind trick, sense, and maybe speed to stealthily open up an objective for my friends/sneak away with the objective in the midst of chaos? Do I act like fighting support, distracting gunners and jedi with the danger of being sabered, giving my team more room to complete the objective?
If you want to help your team the most, stick to the gunners and follow them. They need somebody to deal with jedi/sith. A good saber user is somebody who helps his team and doesn't charge ahead and plays it like a team death match. There are a lot of saber users who have this mindset, so expect their douche behavior,

3: What force powers are the most useful? My current set up is first middle style in saber, all three ranks for all defensive jedi powers, 2nd rank jump, and 3rd rank pull. I figure jump is good for shortcuts and evasion, yellow is good for generally fighting whomever I need to fight, and full pull is good for getting running and jumping enemies close to me for saber punishment. Is this a good setup?

Force push, Lighting for sith, Mind trick for jedi.
Force push knocking people down give you easy kills and just keeps your team safe from explosives, the lighting stops guns for firing at you if they are in range, and mind trick works as a cloak for short term use to use against non force users, perfect for advancing and flanking.

Thanks for the advice guys! I switched up to include push instead of pull. Pull might be unexpected, but being able to protect my team against explosives (though my reaction time isn't usually good enough to achieve that, but i'll get better) is rather helpful. I've been getting better at punishing enemies for running or jumping, and after playing soldier and wookie a bit, I think I get how to fight gunners as jedi (jump and block blaster fire to get close if they're walking, push if they're running/jumping). I think i'm gonna switch between jedi and soldier/wookie/other class I feel I can get good and help my team with every other round. I still wanna have the fun of playing Jedi, but also the fun and helpfulness of playing soldier and wookie.

With that said, For helping gunners (which I plan to make my main role), for sith/jedi enemies I try attacking from the side opposite the gunner so either I slice up the jedi or my gunner friend shoots them, right? And for enemy gunners, should I stick close to my gunner friend and hold block while mashing attack to mblock so I can deflect blaster fire (and if my aim is good, hit the enemy gunner with it) so my gunner friend is safe to fire at will?

I made a setup called "stealthy jedi" with full sense, speed, and mind trick. For level 3 mind trick, do I have to aim it at my enemy in order to trick them? Can I just aim it at the ground near them? If so, how close does it have to be?

Finally, i'm not sure which saber style would work best for me. I'm looking for a single saber style that works well for saber fighting and fighting gunners, and namely for saber fights something where i'd focus on pblocking and countering, not so much acrobatics or special moves. I feel like yellow's a good start for this, but i'm not sure which of the saber styles would fit me best. I know I could just try them all, but for those that have a lot more experience than I do, what does it sound like i'm looking for?

Hope to see you all around more! Maybe once I go back to college after break's over my connection speed will be better and I can be more useful! :D

May the Force be with you all :3

1. Play most of the classes until you have a pretty decent hang of the game, basic tactics and know the layout of most maps, basically until you can reliably not have a score of 5/20 while being an active member of your team. Also, if you want to play a jedi, I'd recommend you learn to play most classes to the point where you can fight against average jedi without pissing your pants (or dying). That'll help you understand how the classes work against jedi and it'll be easier to fight them as a jedi.

2. Jedi is a class for multiple roles. You can support your teammates by repelling grenades and rockets, pushing enemies down for them to kill, pull weapons from enemies for your teammates to pick up, simply being there as a portable laser wall to protect knocked down friendlies from blaster fire, or deter enemy from advance. And as a disruptor, preventing enemies from moving past you and breaking your team's bottleneck. Sense also allows you to spot enemies for your teammates and prevent ambushes.

When you're skilled as jedi you can also start being a powerful attack unit. All force powers and styles, when used alone and in unison, work well with fighting any class, allowing you to easily break bottlenecks and change the tide of battle. With the passive style bonuses, there's a lot of builds you can make with combining stances to force powers, like duals for less force drain for Mind trick or speed, or purple for lesser deflect drain to be used with manual deflect.

3. All of them. I'd say that grip, lightning and speed are the hardest to make use of in team battles, since grip and lightning leave you open for attacks and speed can be easily repelled by an enemy sith. They can still be used effectively in team battles but require good timing and positioning if you don't want to get btfo.

Push and pull can be used to knock down enemies. Learning to use pull is very useful if enemies have good weapons that you can pull off their hands and leave for your teammates to pick up.

Mind trick is handy for slipping past enemies and hitting them from behind. In skilled use you can MT everyone else but sith and taunt the sith to attack you when you have no saber up, opening their guard for gunners and snipers to shoot them.

Jump 3 is not always necessary, but it's useful on maps with a lot of difference in elevation, like Deathstar. Being able to grab walls is also useful for ambushing enemies.

Just play them enough to know their abilities and in what ways they can be deadly. Personally I jumped right into jedi before I knew anything about anything. I didn't even know how to roll. Ah the memories of running on fire.

Jedi are versatile and can fulfill most roles. The basics of teamplay, using force push and holding off enemy sith are vital. Flanking is rewarding. Scouting ahead is important. Also don't charge in and get killed. There's no need to get into a 1v3 fight just because you didn't stick with your team. That said, the beauty of playing jedi is they are a very powerful in the right hands. If your team is getting battered and you're in a do or die situation, yeah, go be heroic. Your team will be happy you saved them.

Force push and yellow are good for learning.

Good luck, and may the force be with you!

Hey all! Thanks for giving me all the helpful advice! I have some strange and wonderful news! I....seem to have gitten gud at Jedi X3
Or at least have become good enough to get a score of like, 200/20 ish on a map I know well! I blame all the helpful guides and people and my inherent knack for team-based gameplay (I always want to be helpful to my team, which helps me very easily slip into the mindset of playing it safe and only moving forward before everyone else to spring traps they wouldn't survive). However, i've only gotten practice as a soldier, and because of my terrible aim, i'm...only ok as soldier. I'm gonna keep playing different classes to learn them, have fun with them, and see which ones I can be most useful as, but for now i'm gonna train in single player as different classes and switch between them and Jedi :p

A more...technical question:
1: So....this might be fixed when I go back to college after break's over and my internet's not crap, but at the beginning of every match, I have to listen to "one, one, one, one, one" as in, I lag so hard at the beginning of a match that I just hear the end of the countdown over and over again until a couple of seconds into the match have passed, and my team's already partway through the map. This is....frustrating, to say the least. I have all my settings set to the lowest settings (I even turned the Christmas hat off D: ). My rate is 25000, snaps is 40, Max Packets is 100, backup packets is 2, and timelag or whatever that is is set to the lowest negative setting (highest magnitude with a negative sign in front of it). Is there any more I can do?

A more server-based and general mod question:
2: So....part of what got me into this game was seeing Sylvar's "How to Lightsaber" Videos. I saw utter chaos and crazy fun all over.
a. What (english speaking, don't wanna bother anyone with my lack of ability to speak more than basic spanish and latin) servers tend to be the best/most populated for full authentic?
b. Which servers (same for language as above) tend to be populated and crazy? As in, pool party and ones with people using lots of crazy mods?
c. Are there any servers for free for all? Especially powerbattles? Is powerbattles included in the most recent version of MBII? It seems to utterly destroy the balance of the vanilla game, but in trade for the kind of crazy chaotic fun that Mario Party has, except with more Star Wars :p
I'd like to experience that insanity and fun, so....any good servers for it? :3

Happy New Years all, and may you walk with and in the Force! :3

Hey all! Thanks for giving me all the helpful advice! I have some strange and wonderful news! I....seem to have gitten gud at Jedi X3
Or at least have become good enough to get a score of like, 200/20
Impressive

A more server-based and general mod question:
2: So....part of what got me into this game was seeing Sylvar's "How to Lightsaber" Videos. I saw utter chaos and crazy fun all over.
a. What (english speaking, don't wanna bother anyone with my lack of ability to speak more than basic spanish and latin) servers tend to be the best/most populated for full authentic?
b. Which servers (same for language as above) tend to be populated and crazy? As in, pool party and ones with people using lots of crazy mods?
c. Are there any servers for free for all? Especially powerbattles? Is powerbattles included in the most recent version of MBII? It seems to utterly destroy the balance of the vanilla game, but in trade for the kind of crazy chaotic fun that Mario Party has, except with more Star Wars :p
I'd like to experience that insanity and fun, so....any good servers for it? :3

Happy New Years all, and may you walk with and in the Force! :3

2: b. People rarely play crazy modes in this mod. There are occasional events like the !spin thing was recently. I don't think I've been on any of the pool maps for maybe a year.
c. Moviebattles II is strictly round based last man standing. Powerbattles is a mod of it's own. There have sometimes been server modifications where people have been able to use every ability and weapon of their class at max ranks, or some Full-authentic edits with ludicrously overpowered units. They've still not have been FFA. You can even make these yourself if you were to start your own server.

The rest of your questions I can't answer.