Showcasing MB2 at Gaming Conventions

I was thinking about getting my gaming laptop and showcasing MB2 at MAGFest this next year. Ideally I would have a laptop and a projector and just set up a small booth in the corner for people to see and ask me "Hey what mod is that?". It would probably bring in some new people help the community to grow a bit.

You guys have any plans to showcase this mod at events/conventions etc?

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Honestly it's not something that's ever been seriously discussed, at least during my time as a developer. You'd want to have at least a few people in the same geographical area to support such an endeavor and a reasonable high profile event. It's certainly an idea worth discussing.

Honestly it's not something that's ever been seriously discussed, at least during my time as a developer. You'd want to have at least a few people in the same geographical area to support such an endeavor and a reasonable high profile event. It's certainly an idea worth discussing.
Yeah if people want to PM me I'm down for MAGFest. I don't know if you have to rent a spot or something but if people have some good equipment, and they bring it, I'd love to come along and meet them IRL - maybe have a small LAN party. Also let passerby try. Probably wouldn't be super high profile but the mod really sells itself :)

Supa

The Serial Stacker
I think this is something we may need to discuss as a team, since there wouldn't be an official representative at the event to answer questions that a normal community representative would.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Agreed, I would definitely want to have a team member there as a representative for any kind of official booth.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Yeah I think that has been a problem for a decent amount of us. I know I would certainly love to do things like that myself but well.... I'm in Nebraska there is nothing here. However, I do know a few people who plan on attending MAGFest and maybe I could ask them to look interested and come by :p

Jorge was supposed to make t-shirts with mb2 screenshots and the site address printed on them.
He was also supposed to hire some *ladies* to promote them. Or at least dress up as a girl and do it himself. Herself. Transgenders you know:rolleyes:

Before this, are you 100% sure Disney doesn't give a fuck about you and the fact you take donations for a Star Wars game mod? And that it will keep that way once you do this?

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Before this, are you 100% sure Disney doesn't give a fuck about you and the fact you take donations for a Star Wars game mod? And that it will keep that way once you do this?

Do you see a donation button?

Supa

The Serial Stacker
We don't take donations for the development of the mod, only for things involved with organization.

Do you see a donation button?
Not at the moment. Does this mean you no longer take donations? Or is this just a dumb attempt at arguing when actually the donation has not been set up yet as the forum has only been created recently?
We don't take donations for the development of the mod, only for things involved with organization.
Be sure Disney considers this.

The new forums have only just been established and there is already an argument between hlev and Mace going on. Nothing's changed :')
Does that smiley face mean what I think it means?

a2495570-876e-0131-fb5c-76030ec655af.gif

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
There's not been much thought on doing convention advertisement. However, I am in the process of creating a new trailer, which showcases the mod as a whole rather than simply the latest patch.

I am hoping to post this on Facebook and then dish out 20 eurobucks to make it a boosted post to see how much traffic that can generate. In addition I'll most likely share it on Reddit in relevant channels like r/StarWars or r/Gaming.

In addition I am working on the new website itself. I'm hoping to make it a bit more modern with a marketing page as the landing page that showcases the essentials: 14 classes, over 30 maps, over 100 playable characters, high customization etc.