Should Lightning be retooled to HAVE to be saber blocked? (Discussion)

My biggest complaint about force lightning (specifically lightning 3) is that if you blast a jedi with it while they are mid swing, they can still kill you. Should this be changed so that they are stopped mid swing much like how they are if they are hit by a blaster, especially at close range? What are your guys's thoughts on this

Last edited:
no, this is super unneccessary and can lead to extremely annoying encounters against people with lightning.

also not only is it not fair, it's unavoidable.

imagine trying to kill a bh but some guy lightning's your swing and you get interrupted.

Last edited:
You can already stop their swing with lightning if target has FP below his force block level (for instance force block lvl 3 and target has below 50 FP). Or if you force focus the jedi before they swing. Although I think it still won't work if the jedi has already reached swingblock state on their swing, so the timing needs to be very strict against jedi who's gonna swingblock, but I'm not sure about this. All in all, what you want is already possible under some circumstances, and it's fine like that.