•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server Server mods or plugin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
Recently, I was looking at some party games for a group of friends and myself. I remembered good old Jedi Academy, that I was playing when I was young, and wanted to give it a try with my friends. One hour later, after having downloaded it, I looked at the server list just to notice the masterlist was gone. One google request later, I learnt about OpenJK and everything else.
MB2 seemed a good idea for me and my friends: All it adds to the game compensate well for the loss of bots and the classic game modes.

But there's some things I would like to change, if possible. To adjust to our tastes. Like the saber throw, I saw on a random server I joined while testing MBII that their saber throw is the same than the base game. That's something I would like to see in my server, if possible.

So, here's my question: Can I add, or create myself if there isn't such a public list somewhere, some mods or plugins to adjust the mod to our liking? We're mostly casuals players, we probably won't grind all the experience someone who play on a public server will, except maybe one or two of us.

My server is already setup to the standard it needs to boot and be joined.

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
The MBII project is closed-source, and currently there are no 3rd party gameplay mods for MBII, as to preserve a unified multiplayer experience. If you would like to play JKA with different gameplay, I would suggest making gameplay suggestions in the relevant areas on the forum, or playing with a different JKA mod. You won't be able to create your own gameplay mods for MBII either due to the closed code base.

As this is not really a tech support question, this thread will be closed. If you would like to ask more questions, I suggest making a thread in the Community Discussion section or joining the Official MBII Discord, linked on the main page, for more information.

Good luck playing with your friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.