•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server Server files on MEGA at download limit

Why did the devs put the MBII Server files on MEGA. It capped out on the transfer limit at 5GB and now I can't download the rest of the files needed to run a server. Devs, please change the host site to Dropbox or Mediafire. This is ridiculous.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
All the full download options are not available right now due to recently updating (and having to add a file that was missed in the ZIPs that I started uploading yesterday, so had to restart today). The Google Drive link was gone because I had to remove the old upload to make space for the updated one. It is back now, and hopefully the ModDB mirror will be ready soon as well.

The MEGA download is specifically there because people requested it before (crappy Internet I guess). It's not the primary download and has never been intended as such. The majority of servers have already updated as they only needed the changed files.

Also you have no need to manually download anything if you already have the game installed via launcher. There is no such thing as "server files". Assets are the same. You also could have used the command line installer / updater to download files directly to the server (saving you time having to upload).

TL;DR not all the download options are there but that's a temporary situation, you had other means of setting up a server, no reason to freak out or say the situation is "ridiculous". Suggesting use of Dropbox is rather ridiculous though given the cost of their storage, and Mediafire was ad infested last I checked.

My bad man, I'm just irritated because the guy in charge of my clans server is taking forever to get back to me on the status of the update (he's using the command line updater), so I decided I might as well just download the files to go in and manually update the server. It would honestly be much faster based on the time-frame this guy has given us, i.e. said it would take a few hours as of yesterday 9 pm PST. It's now 4 pm PST.

I'm not looking to insult you guys (the devs) and I understand the work you all put into making these updates and making sure they're distributed properly. Thank you all for keeping this mod going. I'll keep my eyes open for a better download option to get our server back up and running.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
If it's just updating an existing server then I'm not sure why you were going for a full download. Upgrade ZIP is half the size. If the server was already updated to 1.7 then the even smaller hotfix update would've worked too.

I guess I was trying to download the larger file because I didn't know what state the server was in, and wanted to be sure I had all the necessary files. I don't know what it was last updated.

Thank you Lord Spaghetti for being patient and reminding me of the smaller update files. I have the server updating now which should take no time at all. Fingers crossed that it all works out.