RolePlay Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing another mod defeats the point. People want to RP on MBII because of the combat etc.

Also good to see you’ve stopped the ad hominem arguing Mace, it’s an excellent look for the mod when people come on the forums to see one of the main devs throwing a temper tantrum every other week

edit: i’ve been mentioning proximity chat for months, what do you mean I sound stupid lmao

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Playing another mod defeats the point. People want to RP on MBII because of the combat etc.

Even though those mods have massively better RP features, and way more expand-ability than MB2 does? They could end up having better combat than MB2 could because of 17 years of baggage. A large majority of those features were created in a fraction of the time of mb2's features, and by fewer developers. They could easily add a ton of features in the next year or two with proper support. While we will struggle to add the first two classes in years due to that massive weight we have to deal with.

All that response tells me, is that you don't actually care enough for this to work for it, so neither should we.

edit: i’ve been mentioning proximity chat for months, what do you mean I sound stupid lmao

giphy.gif

Please read the context surrounding again.

I'm just having a hard time understanding this, you complain about not enough support then precede to ban a server that broke binary code in order to extend time in FFA and add features. Maybe you could help me understand (I'm pretty new) but were these guys doing any harm to the players or the game itself causing any crashes or lag to the game overall? Or were they hacking players or harming players in any way? If not, why ban them? It seems
like they were giving there support.

bruh
one thread and already this again.

I'm just having a hard time understanding this, you complain about not enough support then precede to ban a server that broke binary code in order to extend time in FFA and add features. Maybe you could help me understand (I'm pretty new) but were these guys doing any harm to the players or the game itself causing any crashes or lag to the game overall? Or were they hacking players or harming players in any way? If not, why ban them? It seems
yeah i remember there was a server just doing this.
it did no harm to mod, there was no reason to ban it (if I'm correct)

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
yeah i remember there was a server just doing this.
it did no harm to mod, there was no reason to ban it (if I'm correct)

Sorry but literally one page back:

Not to mention it being bugged and wanting some of the issues to be fixed by us.

7cdcbf99e291aa215ddc77ef0d589e4d.png

We do not have time to fix bugs caused by hacked together third party solutions. As mentioned there there are many mods for JKA that allow for this kind of play, but in an ocean of such mods we are the last island with players because of the fast paced objective gameplay that is constrained to a 5ish min time line.

Base Jedi Academy and by extension 99 percent of the mods for it are glorified Second Life chat box simulators and the precise reason I came to this mod 15ish years ago was even back then it was pointless to develop new content for a game where people wanted to RP chat social duel on Sith J Cull's Tattooine map, Jedi Council GC or Naboo Hills. The Action and fast paced nature drew me, RP can stay in the ocean as far as I'm concerned.

*Locks thread and returns to mapping*

Status
Not open for further replies.