•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Rend2 Map Issues

Ginkobum13

Internal Beta Team
When using Rend2 HDR lightmaps I get weird shades of black on some maps and for some reason rend2 makes mb2_duel_kamino water look like this even with all settings in rend2 turned off.
Screenshot (27).png
Screenshot (23).png
Screenshot (22).png

TeKilla

Donator
I believe that option is still not recommended, as it may cause issues on maps without HDR lightmaps, as indicated in the release notes of v1.10.

Update: I tested it now, and even with HDR Lightmaps disabled, I encountered the same issues on the map mb2_duel_kamino. However, the map mb2_jeditemple seemed normal.

Last edited:

TeKilla

Donator
I removed all modded pk3 im still getting this issue with hdr lightmaps, anyone else get this bug if not ill consider installation repair
Could you be using Qeffects, ReShade, or something similar? If so, the files would be in the Gamedata folder.
Also, some graphics cards have options to alter colors, etc. in games, so it might be worth checking those settings as well.

It causes issues with maps that were compiled with the old version of HDR lightmaps, those are removed for next release.
Great to know. I'll try enabling that option in the next release.

Last edited:

Ginkobum13

Internal Beta Team
Could you be using Qeffects, ReShade, or something similar? If so, the files would be in the Gamedata folder.
Also, some graphics cards have options to alter colors, etc. in games, so it might be worth checking those settings as well.

Great to know. I'll try enabling that option in the next release.
I did a full reinstall of Jedi academy and Mb2 launcher. Still getting the same issues with HDR lightmaps turned on.
Screenshot (35).png

Turned off:
Screenshot (36).png

Here's my gamedata folder but I freshly installed Jedi Academy and MB2:
Screenshot (34).png

The only thing I can think of is rend2 doesn't like GOG version of Jedi Academy.

TeKilla

Donator
Tekilla are you telling me you dont get issues with hdr lightmaps or did i just reinstall for no reason lol
I'm sorry if I caused any confusion. No, I don't enable HDR Lightmaps. The video I posted shows the problem with HDR Lightmaps disabled only on the map mb2_duel_kamino, while on the map mb2_jeditemple, it seems normal.