Questions of new player :)

Hi everybody, i'm Bosu, an italian player :) i'm not so new about MB2 but with the new patch i'm in need of some explanations... (sorry for bad english, i will try to write correctly :/ )

sorry if this is not the right place to post questions about game

- first of all, some questions about jedi/sith: can someone link me a guide about the new lightsaber styles? what's the difference about styles, and what's the difference about the different level of a single styles? (for example, medium style 3 and medium style 2) what's the best style for deflect3 build? (in terms of fp drain) i noticed that there is a new force power with saber defend0 (can't remember the name, something about force explosion, something like that...) can you link me something about that, and how it works? what's the differences about the different levels of mind trick?

- is there a link of all the melee moves and how to do that?

- according to a normal/good player, what's the best class against sith?

thanks for all, merry xmas everybody :)

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
There is some good information in Library, about saber styles, for example. Just launch mb2 and pick Library in main menu.
Also there's guides:
[Guide] The Dueling Compendium | Movie Battles II Community
Foggy's little guide to Red | Movie Battles II Community
Maybe you'll find somefind useful here (lot of text):
SeV's Saber System Fix | Movie Battles II Community
- according to a normal/good player, what's the best class against sith?
Clonetrooper. Just spam blobs. Also melee wookie in pretty effective.

Last edited:
guide about the new lightsaber styles
try the ingame library
melee moves
primary attack key = standard melee punch
alternate attack key + direction key = melee kick
reload key = block (blocking when attacked can trigger counterattack)
alternate attack key + primary attack key + direction key = combo attack (some kind of judo grab)
W + use key + alternate attack key = forward jump kick
crouch key + use key + alternate attack key = low spin kick
use key + primary attack key = uppercut punch
can someone add an explanation how to do a judo throw (the one that used to throw people out of the map before patch)

edit: forgot to mention melee grab slide move: jump while running forward, then combo attack while mid-air, and quickly switch weapons (hold direction key whole time for best results)

what's the best class against sith
depends on the build, you can use wooks vs forcewhores since they can't pwn you with lightning, or you could use heroes with dash vs saberists to evade their swings etc. clone blobs are only effective if they hit, but i guess this applies to every mb2 weapon :)

according to a normal/good player, what's the best class against sith?

Heroes with dash are pretty good for keeping a distance between you and the sith.
Clones are good. Against equally good players it shouldn't be too hard to hit with blobs. Better sith are good at avoiding them though.
Wookiees are very strong since they don't have to care about force powers. Bowcaster can deal heavy FP damage fast, and melee wrecks most sith who don't know how to dodge the wookiee's shoulder barge. If you can be tricky you can also constantly alternate between bowcaster and melee to deter sith from approaching you.

ok, thanks for your answers guys... but, why can't i see anything in the library? i see no text

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
ok, thanks for your answers guys... but, why can't i see anything in the library? i see no text
Maybe your installation is broken? If you use launcher, try to use "Repair".
That's how library should looks like:

1e8b3d0145fc.png

747f34a83ed1.png

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Any gunner class can be effective against Sith as long as you hit your shots, so learning to aim is very important! :) This can of course be a bit tricky especially if the Sith is good at evading shots by moving unpredictably, but pretty much all guns nowadays are able to drain Force Points fairly quickly. E11 level 3 is the all-around choice, but Pistol 3, Clone Rifle 3, Bowcaster ("godcaster"), A280 ("wingun") are quite effective. Combined with blobs like suggested earlier or secondary nades the Sith will have a hard time.