POV: you have smod

Jvne

Internal Beta Team
US Official Server Admin
I can't speak for every admin for every server, but I think most will sympathize with what I'm going to say.

Over the years I've seen anyone who has their hand in how the game is run get their fair share of shit, whether it be devs, or and active admin on their respective server. From malding about tempest's saber system not being implemented, to people whining about admin "abuse" because it's not in favor of them. Most of the time, anytime something is done(or not done) it's so that the majority of players have a better experience during their time on.

My point is, whether its an revamped launcher or muting someone for spewing the n-word, it's all so that the majority of people playing will have a better time. This game is ancient and the community is tiny, and we're all just here to have fun.

Love em' or hate em', putting any sort of work into this game is the most selfless shit I've seen in any community, and the devs/staff are doing the best they can to improve your time spent in MBII. So show them some support the next time you see one in game, I'm sure they'll appreciate it <3

Last edited:
It's kinda hard to believe that it's "the most selfless shit" when it's coming from an admin, but it is true, and I think it's a good moment to elaborate on that a bit:

If you're thinking about hosting a server/community/applying for smod/etc, please be aware that you will encounter way more negativity than positivity, even if your project becomes successful.

You will face DDoS, hordes of dedicated TKers with VPNs, all manner of trolls, and a lot of people will be very vocally dissatisfied with your actions no matter what you do.

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from actually hosting/getting smod, but if you are planning to, please be aware and be prepared. The kind words will be few and far in-between, while the shittalking and issues are never gonna stop.

That's just how mb2 is, yo

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
You will face DDoS, hordes of dedicated TKers with VPNs, all manner of trolls, and a lot of people will be very vocally dissatisfied with your actions no matter what you do.

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from actually hosting/getting smod, but if you are planning to, please be aware and be prepared. The kind words will be few and far in-between, while the shittalking and issues are never gonna stop.

Gotta be like Chill Palpatine when the troublemakers come knocking: