•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue PB indicator not working since 1.6

Any solution for this? Seems to be another thread on it that is tagged as solved... but it's not.

I've noticed it seems to sometimes work and other times not. Also noticed a situation where the PB 'zones' showed for one player, but not the other.

Edit: Just tried the console command /pbindicator 1 to no avail. Any other things i could try to trick the pb indicator into working again? This is essentially 'broken' for me right now. I've repaired installation. removed the peneke pk3, and reset all video settings for the game to default through nvidia control panel.

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I guess the game isn't made for duelists... any word on a fix for this?

We don't have a fix, or a simple solution to fix it. The original PB indicator was badly made and caused crashes, optimizations in an attempt to make it not use a ton of temporary entities ended up breaking it. It needs to be completely rebuilt from scratch to work again, which to my knowledge isn't on the near future to do list.

You're going to have to learn to deal without it, just as everyone had to for a decade prior.

It's not that hard to learn the zones on-the-go anyhow. You're basically learning it the same way, but instead of getting used to flashing green crosshair feedback you get used to finding the zone yourself and watching out for the PB effect. Was always more effective to do it the latter way anyhow, as even when the indicator does work it's not super dependable.

I'm okay with them not being there, but why not remove them for everyone? This would make things objectively more fair.. as the issue is playing against someone that has them when you don't. If you're both at the skill level where they're beneficial, this is an edge to the guy with the zones showing up. What good is it to leave it in a broken state?