Original Music in Moviebattles 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I play moviebattles, the music seems to be different than the original. Im sure this is done for copyright purposes, but is there any way for me to replace the music files in game with the real ones from the star wars series? Music is such a huge part of the star wars experience to me

Upvote 0

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
The music on almost every map is already the original music. A few maps use music from other SW games. Not sure what maps you're referring to, but I'm not aware of any maps that use "off brand/knockoff" StarWars music to avoid copyright issues.

If you still wanna replace the music with your own, music replacements work the same as replacing anything else in the game. Rename your mp3 to the same name as the music file you're looking to replace, and drop it in a pk3 with the same file path as the music being replaced. Name the pk3 as "z_whatever.pk3" so the game loads it last and overwrites the original music with your replacement.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
SWG is right. The "original" music we use is for MB2 themes, trailers. The rest is from the movies, tv shows, and games. Well, and the xmas maps having changed music but that is just for the winter season.

Didn't killtracker let you abuse your playlists at whim a long time ago? Should be part of the game. Or........................... Top killer in the game should be able to control the background music for all to hear. Heh. ;)

Thanks so much for the replies guys, you're the best. Is there an admin that can lock this thread? I got all the information I needed to answer my question

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
Glad that your queries got answered! Locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.