Official Community Events

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I've had a few ideas of what we could do as a community that would be different and enjoyable. Most of what the game has become is 24/7 open, and there are very few maps and alternate game modes played, so I thought I'd see what people are interested in.

A couple of the ideas that have crossed my mind are Full Authentic on Fridays, and Semi-authentic on Saturdays. It would also give us the valuable feedback to improve on them, which I believe they are sorely needing at the moment.

Thoughts? Modifications? Suggestions?

I think trying to hold regular community events is a great idea. Players should be able to suggest their own ideas for an event and if it gets supported enough it should become an official event. FA Fridays would be a cool thing to see, as long as the right maps are played. I'm not sure about SA, nor do I think FA and SA events should be held consecutively.

One idea I do have is to maybe schedule pick up games on the official servers. Players can get on TeamSpeak, elect captains, and enjoy a good ol' PUG. Topics can be posted a week-a few days prior to the PUG and get an estimate of how many people will be showing up. That's the only idea I have at the moment. Yes, it still involves open mode but it will allow for different maps to be played and a more competitive and teamwork oriented experience. Of course there would be rules set in place and a code of conduct to be followed to provide as welcoming of an environment as possible. Overall, holding regular events definitely a good way to add variety, spark activity, and unite the community.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
We have the servers, it's just a matter of people dedicating time to organization. I'd love to see this as well.

We have the servers, it's just a matter of people dedicating time to organization. I'd love to see this as well.

It's also a matter of getting an admin on during the scheduled event to maintain order and make sure things run smoothly. Perhaps once things start to settle back into place around here some form of an Event Hosting team can be formed with access to some kind of sub admin on the servers that give access to the necessary commands needed to run said events. They would also be in charge of posting new event ideas getting feedback from the community, approving event suggestions from players making them into official events, and organizing events in general. Idk, just sort of brainstorming here.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
I'll be making a separate thread at a later date once I've figured out the server configs again in regards to having admins assigned smod privileges from the community on the official servers, with organization's permission.

Having active admins to maintain a non-hostile and enjoyable atmosphere will definitely increase activity on the official servers. The more trustworthy and active admins to moderate the servers the better, especially in order to host regular events.

100% agree with this idea. FA is fun and use the potentiel of the game. Unfortunetaly like you said, people always play open. I don't know for you Supa but when I'm talking about FA I don't talk FA in SW's map but more in map like shogun or ultimate show_down

I'm behind this 100%. I've joined and left multiple clans because i want some organized game-play; but the clan event were poorly attended or on a day i couldn't play. Does this forum support polls? It would be great to have polls for events and times for those events.