Objective sound alerts

I played Hoth siege and had an idea. There, when you complete an objective, in addition to the textual alert, you also get a sound alert, like "Secondary objective completed". It would be nice to have that in mb2 maps too, as it would make the alerts more apparent, you wouldn't need to read the text each time, and you would get notified even if you don't look. I guess this won't be hard to implement, as the alert already exists in game.

And also the sound alerts for time that are in siege - "5 minutes remaining", "1 minute remains", etc. should also be there. People right now don't watch the time at all and usually only those in spec start shouting "time" "time" "time" when it runs low. This should also make the objective more prominent.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
This is something I've wanted for a bit in MB2 but really don't have the resources to do it in the best way and I find just doing "Secondary Objective Complete" in the basejka announcer to be really tacky in the concept of MB2. However you could probably just siege file edit most of the MB2 maps to add it as a replacement.

DOTFv2 does however feature some stingers when the side objective is completed, for example.

I also created a bunch of stingers to be used in other maps, but I don't think they've been added.