New RCON command for alert text

It would be nice to have a new RCON command that displays a message somewhere in the top middle of the screen. With this script/plugin creators could for instance re-create some of the unreal tournament style killing spree messages :waytogo:

Code:
# Send alert to everyone
/rcon svalert "all" <message>

# Send alert to specific player
/rcon svalert <client id> <message>

/rcon svalert 0 "^1Double Kill"
/rcon svalert "all" "^7Tournament starting in ^35 ^7minutes"

1656951134927.png

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
It would be easy to add a command to allow arbitrary center printing, but I'm not sure it's something we should really do as that area is typically reserved for map related messages.

It would be easy to add a command to allow arbitrary center printing, but I'm not sure it's something we should really do as that area is typically reserved for map related messages.
Very valid concern, if it gets abused I can see why it would be really annoying to have text popup there all the time. But I think it should definitely be added to the list if the devs ever get some time to focus on server modding. Could also make a toggle to disable it in the UI settings 👀

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Very valid concern, if it gets abused I can see why it would be really annoying to have text popup there all the time. But I think it should definitely be added to the list if the devs ever get some time to focus on server modding. Could also make a toggle to disable it in the UI settings 👀
It would have to be a different command to get filtered out from regular center prints, which is fine, but making it a setting would require using a cvar, which we're trying to minimize addition of to what's absolutely necessary (we have less than 50 for JAMP's limit for locally hosted games, and MBII goes over the limit in debug + beta builds with all the test cvars).

Perhaps it's possible to make it in a way map-related messages prevail over rcon ones? So if you use /rcon svalert it gets interrupted by a map message and you cant use it while objective/map message is on screen?
It's a rcon command so idk if people are going to actually abuse that and kill their own servers lol

Edit: Also yes, a toggle to disable it on a client level is kind of mandatory