New neutral faction SUGGESTION

Here is a crazy idea. Add a neutral faction! Yes I know it might be a nightmare to implement, but just do one map at a time.

Neutrals shouldn't be armed and would be more like spectators.
You should be able to kill neutrals.
The neutral faction should have lots of different characters to pick from that aren't represented as a reb or imp class atm.

Increase server population, however cap rebs and imps to 32 and let the rest be able to spectate as a neutral while waiting for a spot to play.

Sincerely Fred The Outcast, Tusken Sus

basically all of this suggestion is impossible to implement in the game, good luck!
But is it possible to add new classes?

If so, then just add the neutral class to both rebs and imps. That would be a start. Have it so that killing neutral class doesn't give a kill in stats.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
But is it possible to add new classes?

Yes, and it also should be possible to add more teams. It is just that we are a very small team, and the resources required to restructure things to add more teams isn't worth the effort. You need map updates, UI updates, code backend updates, etc to do something like that. Adding additional player slots isn't possible though without modifying the engine which we cannot as we are tied to JAMP.

Even if I would like to add something like this (which I would) it is just something not realistically possible with the resources we have and other things in plans take priority over something like this, and will for probably the next 10 years. We wouldn't go the new classes route with it, since if were just going through the effort of adding a new class we would be added one of the ones already in our backlog. Just sadly the kind of thing that would have to wait for a possible successor to MB2 in a new engine to happen.

I am grateful for the thorough explanation. I appreciate the honesty. I just like to throw out ideas. How realistic they are in terms of resources I'm not able to determine since I am not a programmer or game designer. I am looking forward to seeing the small and the big things that you and your team are working on, so please forgive me if I throw out another crazy idea or two. I'm gonna try and keep it more down to Naboo in the future :lukesalute: