Multiple Opponents

Hey guys,

I miss b18 where it was possible to take on multiple jedi/sith opponents as well as generally viable. I was wondering what everyone else's stance on this was. I mean if you take the movies for example (since this is moviebattles), a couple of the fights were 1 vs 2 whether it was Dooku vs Anakin/Obi or Maul vs. QuiGon/Obi. There are a lot of 3-way fights in non-canon as well.

In the current build it is pretty much impossible to go up against two opponents in a civilized manner. A 2v1 fight usually ends with the 1 person flailing around try to get shadow swings while avoiding back or side whacks. I just think it looks silly.

My idea: Give a buff to a single jedi/sith when he or she comes across multiple opponents. This buff is most likely in the form of increased BP for the outnumbered jedi/sith. The buff is stronger the more opponents there are possibly up to a maximum of 3 opponents. The buff would increase/decrease based on how many lightsaber opponents are in a specified radius. The one thing you may want to consider is friendly jedi/sith buffing other jedi/sith. Obviously the buff would only apply to the outnumbered jedi/sith based on how many enemy opponents are in the radius. Another thing to consider is if there are 2 sith and 2 jedi in the same radius then the buffs for all 4 of the combatants would level out and everyone would be equal. The buff would not apply to gunners whatsoever and therefore the jedi/sith would not receive any buffs if multiple gunners are in his or her radius. Gunners would continue to break the balance between jedi/sith in this fashion as they currently do.

This can be either a passive ability that all jedi/sith get or it can be an actual ability they need to acquire with build points. The latter probably being more complicated as it would require finding the right points required for it to work with the current class configurations people use. Because of that complication I think it would be better as a passive ability that all jedi/sith get.

Thoughts?

So, 2 jedis 3 siths. Every sith gets a buff too, as there are 2 sabers in a radius

if their teamwork > your teamwork, you lose, else you win. Why is there a need to buff you when you're outnumbered? It seems to me that in the future we would get a soldier with sudden boost of 500hp, 4000 armor, +200% ROF and Force immunity just because there happened to be 6 siths against him and we of course don't want to disadvantage the poor sold.

The game is a team-based game, with emphasis on teamwork. What you propose goes against that very idea.

Last edited:
if their teamwork > your teamwork, you lose, else you win. Why is there a need to buff you when you're outnumbered? It seems to me that in the future we would get a soldier with sudden boost of 500hp, 4000 armor, +200% ROF and Force immunity just because there happened to be 6 siths against him and we of course don't want to disadvantage the poor sold.

The game is a team-based game, with emphasis on teamwork. What you propose goes against that very idea.
As I already said, it wouldn't apply to jedi/sith vs. gunners. This is solely to change the lightsaber combat to be more viable for 1v2 or more. As in it would only increase BP pool, not force pool. The buff would also only make a difference for someone with the skill to make good use of the increased BP pool.

Yes, I am aware of that. I simply continued that train of thought to other classes. However my point still stands - this would essentially destroy the emphasis on teamwork.

Yes, I am aware of that. I simply continued that train of thought to other classes. However my point still stands - this would essentially destroy the emphasis on teamwork.
How would it destroy teamwork? A single opponent getting a buff would actually require more teamwork from the two friendly combatants than it does currently. Right now its just oh derp backwhack derp (which can still happen btw). But if the single opponent has more BP to withstand ACM from 2 opponents (or more) then the fight may actually be worth watching or participating in, i.e. more enjoyable. I don't really find it amusing to have to generally accept I am going to die when I come across two enemy saberists. The only way to win is to, like I said, get lucky.

Why would I even go and help my fellow sith if it meant the jedi would get boost? I would achieve nothing by going there.

Dra-Gon's example is kinda trollish, but valid. Just because you put yourself into a situation where you're outnumbered OR because the other team is better and they killed your team, you shouldnt get any help from the game.

No more perks...no more buffs...for saberist. As someone who currently plays jedi/sith, I am already not a fan of the current perk system. A good jedi/sith can take out a good portion of the team depending on who he is playing against without the need of the perk system.

The existing of the perks is good, because they make a bigger difference between the styles and make previously useless styles useful in Open mode... however I think some perks must be balanced and/or changed. Without perks, Purple, Cyan, Staff and Dual would be totally useless in Open mode, Blue would be useful only against Soldiers, and Red only against Wook/SBD... just like before. With perks, all style can be useful in Open mode in different situations, what is obviously a good thing and it'd be silly to restore the old system, where only 1+2 styles were useful in Open mode instead of the current 7.

Anyway, just to answer to the "a good Jedi/Sith..:" statement: a good gunner can take care of a Jedi/Sith, who is helped by lightsaber perks... even if "taking care of" means delay or avoid combat, or wait for help in some cases. Perfect aim or duel skill doesnt make a player good... and these skills dont necessarily save a player who brings bad decisions ingame.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
In response to the multiple vs single opponents situation, there is unfortunately very little that can be done. It isn't a simple matter of the better player winning, because of the mechanics currently involved in dueling. For the single player, since perfect block is such a factor, the better he pblocks and positions himself to avoid the swings the better chance he has.

Nothing is going to change if it involves allowing that single player to get wailed on and nothing happen.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Sorry but if you know how to use jedi well, you can still take on multiple opponents - particular sith/other saberists. Whenever I am alone against 2 sith or something, it's usually a nice and comfortable situation to be in :)

This can't work. Like agent said, if you're good at jedi then taking two sith should be no problem. Get one of them to kill each other instead of 'Flailing around'.

Eazy E

Banned
2v1 should be near impossible in my opinion. Unless you are extremely more skilled then both your opponents don't expect to win by yourself.
But just a tip get good at mblock in 2v1 people always aim for backhits to do this they run to your back, because they run they nullify swingblock, exploit this with a mblock and then turn your attention to the other opponent rek them turn around and finish the other (Think Dooku).

Ofc will only work if you have skill of extraordinary proportions compared to your opponents. There is also like 1000 methods to 2v1ing just need practice.