Movie battles II R20.0.02 Now Available

iwCSA26.png

R20.0.02

The main goal of this hotfix was to alleviate JAMP related crashes. Everyone can expect another hotfix this coming weekend which will help to alleviate unintended changes to gameplay in various areas of MBII as a result of the backend fixes made towards improving the game long term. Please continue to provide feedback within our new Discord category - this has proven to be a useful hub for us to collect data / complaints.

General
  • Fix: Crashes on JAMP engine
    • Saber file (.sab) extensions for Legends mode were consolidated to help prevent MAX_GAMESTATE_CHARS error.
    • Model previously unused but now loading due to backend optimizations causing issues with JAMP
    • Several small memory corruption bugs fixed
    • Improved parsing of gamestate G2 Models. This fixed a crash during loading with JAMP/REND2 and the 'Ghoul2' error message in OpenJK Vanilla/Vulkan
  • Fix: Deadly Sight not being able to be turned off
  • Fix: Poison Darts not refreshing (stacking) when used on someone who is already poisoned
  • Fix: Ice Thrower doing HP damage
  • Fix: Weapon pull immunity being overridden when it shouldn't be
  • Fix: Execution delay for script and vstr reinstated
  • Change: Whistling Bird damage once again 37. This will feel lower than past patches due to the Damage Normalization changes of R20.
Sabering
  • Change: Further refinements made to give crisper collisions and better Perfect Block zones
  • Change: Dual saber style
    • Swing speed increased by 5% (overall net reduction of 5% compared to 1.10).
    • Defense rating lowered from 50 to 49.
Legends
  • Fix: Added small FP and BP drains to some Legends saber special moves that didn't have them.
  • Changelog:
    • General
      • Change: The JKA base rocket should have noticeably higher damage for the classes that receive it natively.
        • Jan, Dash Rendar, Reelo
      • Change: Several Force users that had saber defense 2 but only blaster defense 1 should have blaster defense 2 by default.
        • Heroes: Windu, Acrobat, Brute
        • Villains: Assassin, Savage, Nihlus, Kylo Ren
      • Change: Class binds for Jedi classes have been changed to more closely conform to open mode.
        • Class Special 1: Saber throw
        • Class Special 2: Slap
        • Class Special 3: Repulse
        • Class Special 3 and 4 may be bound to force powers, with preference given to FA unique force powers.
      • Fix: Certain classes with a third pistol level purchasable should no longer have that as an option.
        • Rebel Vanguard, imperial infantry, clone trooper
      • Fix: Han Solo and Din Djarin Pistol levels should have a total of 20 points
      • Change: Customizable classes that have dexterity as a purchasable option should have the point cost be 0,15,5 to more closely align with open mode.
      • Fix: Removed references to bp free jumps on certain classes as that has been superseded by saber defense 3.
    • Rebel Vanguard
      • Rocket Launcher point cost for levels 1,2 changed from 10,20 to 15,30 respectively
    • Jedi Healer:
      • Change: Received Saber/Blaster defense 2
      • Change: Added self heal 1 (FP_HEAL)
      • Change: Lowered max hp to 80 and force regen rate to default for Jedi class to compensate for the survivability increase due to changes above.
    • Traya
      • Change: Received Saber/Blaster defense 2
      • Change: Added self heal 1 (FP_HEAL)
      • Change: Lowered force regen rate to default for Jedi class to compensate for survivability increase due to changes above.
    • Kyle Katarn:
      Change: Gave Saber/Blaster defense 2 (previously was 1)
    • Jan
      • Change: Slight increase to HP/Armor, speed, and fire rate.
      • Change: increased clip size on flechette to 20 and increased reload speed
      • Fix: Healing/Dodge attributes changed to align with description
    • Dash Rendar
      • Change: Slight increase to movement speed and pistol damage
    • Yoda
      • Change: Small reductions in HP/FP and force regen rate
    • Purge Trooper:
      • Change: Gave force block 1 to better deal with force users.
    • B1 Droid
      • Change: Lowered max rockets purchasable to 2 and raised the price of purchasing them.
      • Change: Increased the reload time of the rocket launcher.
      • Change: Lowered HP/Armor ranks and lowered default HP level. Lowered the point cost to purchase additional HP/Armor
      • Change: Increased point cost of the E5s blaster (M5 reskin)
    • Obiwan:
      • Change: Gave force push 3 and force protect 1
    • Din Djarin
      • Change: Increased Armor gain from armor rank purchases: 75>100>150>200
      • Change: Saber Defense 1 and 2 are now purchasable options. (20 and 10 points, respectively) Previously
      • Change: Extra AP/BP Ranks are now: .9> 1.0 > 1.1 > 1.25.
      • Change: Extra BP point cost was lowered since saber defense is directly purchasable and not as heavily influenced by the BP.
    • Boss Nass
      • Change: Lowered HP/Armor, lowered blaster 3 to blaster 2. Slightly reduced energy pool.
    • Jabba
      • Change: Lowered HP/Armor.
    • Reelo
      • Change: Lowered HP/Armor, lowered blaster 3 to blaster 2
    • Jar Jar
      • Change:Lowered HP/Armor to compensate for the classes increased mobility.
    • Clone
      • Change: Clone rifle max level purchasable is 2, lowered clone rifle level 2 cost to 10 points (or 15 in total)
      • Change: In place of clone rifle level 3, the Minigun can be purchased as a separate weapon for 30 points, similar to the imperial heavy trooper.
      • Change: Raised the point cost of a rocket to 30 points.
      • Change: Both reinforcements cost 30 points.
    • Rebel Spy
      • Removed flip kick 3 as a purchasable option, raised point cost of flipkick 2
      • Projectile rifle is now a normal 1 shot weapon with a 20 point cost (previously 2 shots, half damage, 25 points)
    • Imperial Storm Commando
      • Change: Spy Disguise is now a purchasable option
      • Change: Increased point cost of armor regen
    • New Republic Security Droid
      • Change: Class should now have fury as a purchasable option, battery is no longer the class resource. Scanner ability (or sense) is no longer purchasable.
      • Change: Increased point costs associated with armor regen and magnetic plating.
      • Change: Health purchase ranks now as follows
        • Ranks: 100>115>145>200
        • Cost: 5,10,20
      • Change: Reinforcement purchase cost increased to 30
    • Jyn Erso
      • Fix: Gave Dodge 3 to align with description
      • Change: Increased resource regen rate from 1.5 to 1.8
    • Clone Assassin
      • Armor point cost changed to align with purge trooper. (25 armor per level at 10 points cost).
      • BP Rank gain and point cost was altered as follows:
        • 1.0 > 1.1 > 1.25 > 1.5
        • Cost: 4,6,10
      • AP Rank gain and point cost was altered to match the purge trooper
        • 1.0 > 1.05 > 1.1 > 1.25
        • Cost: 5,5,10
    • Dash Rendar
      • Change: Slight increase to Armor, doubled pistol clip size, slight increase to outgoing damage.
    • Purge Trooper
      • BP Rank gain and point cost was altered as follows (Same as clone assassin):
        • 1.0 > 1.1 > 1.25 > 1.5
        • Cost: 4,6,10
      • AP Rank gain and point cost was altered as follows:
        • 1.0 > 1.05 > 1.1 > 1.25
        • Cost: 5,5,10
      • Heavy Trooper
        • Change: Reduced dexterity 1 point cost to 5
        • Change: Increased rank gains from armor points to: 25>50>75>100
        • Change: Frag grenades purchasable up to level 2
        • Change: Reduced cost of blast armor to 10 points
      • Clone Jet Trooper
        • Change: Clone rifle 1 changed to clone rifle 2
      • Imperial Rocket Trooper
        • Change: Imperial Repeater clip set to 50 (can fire 2 blobs)
        • Change: Rocket launcher clip changed from 6 to 4
      • Jerec
        • Change: push 1 to push 2
      • Malak
        • Change: Small reductions in movement speed force regen
        • Small reductions in AP/CS multipliers and attack speed
        • Change:Force protect lowered to 2
        • Change:Force absorb lowered to 1
        • Change: Sense 3 changed to sense 2
      • Jedi Brute
        • Fix: Force pool lowered from 85 to 80
        • Change: AP multiplier raised to 1.45 from 1.4
        • Change: BP multiplier lowered from 1.1 to 1
        • Change: Given push 3
      • Jedi Swordsmaster / Jedi Duelist / Jedi Battlemaster
        • AP/BP multiplier reduced from 1.3/1.3 to 1.25/1.25

Maps
    • Fix: Dxun clipping and terrain blending
    • Fix: CMP Hetzal Prime water not registering as liquid

Changed Files

( Manual / Server Downloads )
    Code:
    --MBII
    MBIIcgamei386.so
    FAMBModels.pk3
    jampgamei386.nopp.so
    jampgamei386.so
    mb2_cmp_assets.pk3
    mb2_alderaan.pk3
    mb2_dxun.pk3
    mb2_um_assets3.pk3
    MBAssets3.pk3
    MBII.pk3
    MBII_Mac.pk3
    uii386.so

Changelog Legend
    New - New feature or addition to the game.
    Change - Changes to the game.
    Fix - Bug fix.
    Remove - Removed feature.
    Feature - New feature name.

PB zones are fixed, this is much better

Still not a fan of this gameplay but eh well what can i do.

Minor bugs I found whilst playing: Dash for commando droid is class special 4 not class special 2, and it comes by default even if you don't purchase it.
Both of the grapple droid models (the last two) on super battle droid default back to normal SBD model-wise, everything else on the class works

Ion grenades and blobs were changed and it's not in the patch notes.
Ion Blasts can now allow you to pierce deka shields, and ion nades can install kill their shields sometimes

Last edited:
cool update, but can't say i'm a fan of the "Legends"

Never used to play a lot of FA, SA and Open are the thing for me
At first the gamemode seemed to take a lot of FA only classes and stuff them together, making joining a match a real pain: scrolling through the list, reading all the stuff to figure out which character you actually want to use... Meanwhile you're sitting in place getting spawnkilled. Now, with the added points system and no way to save presets it's somehow even worse. At times when all of the Open servers are empty, it doesn't feel like a game for me anymore

cool update, but can't say i'm a fan of the "Legends"

Never used to play a lot of FA, SA and Open are the thing for me
At first the gamemode seemed to take a lot of FA only classes and stuff them together, making joining a match a real pain: scrolling through the list, reading all the stuff to figure out which character you actually want to use... Meanwhile you're sitting in place getting spawnkilled. Now, with the added points system and no way to save presets it's somehow even worse. At times when all of the Open servers are empty, it doesn't feel like a game for me anymore
Absolutely need to implement the choice to save presets Immediately. The amount of time wasted building a class again takes far too long when there are so many different options to choose and characters to play.

Cool updates dudes!
I think Han Solo needs a buff in legends AND in open, but good work! enjoying it !

You should totally consider adding some badass crossover characters to legends, INDIANA JONES would be perfect for this game! hed have a
grapple hook (thats brown) and knocks you down like pull and a pistol like the tuskens that shoots real bullets (and kill in one shot because bullets
are real and dangerous and also they should go through deflect like that guy India shoots in raiders of the last arc lol), also heavy melee (hes strong!)

overall, pretty great update! just maybe thin k about what I have to say. itd do you good. Stay safe!
- Signed Harison☆Ford.
" Great Kid! Don,t get cocky ! "

TeKilla

Donator
Is it just me, or has there been a noticeable drop in players in the open mode? I've seen a lot more activity in the Legends servers recently.

Also, in my case, something particularly frustrating is the bug (or feature?) with the flamethrower. When playing as the Mandalorian class in the open mode, the flamethrower seems broken... If you use it against jedi, a simple force push knocks you down, whether you're moving or standing still...

Is it just me, or has there been a noticeable drop in players in the open mode? I've seen a lot more activity in the Legends servers recently.

Also, in my case, something particularly frustrating is the bug (or feature?) with the flamethrower. When playing as the Mandalorian class in the open mode, the flamethrower seems broken... If you use it against jedi, a simple force push knocks you down, whether you're moving or standing still...
Playercount dropped everywhere after the "update", I wonder why? 🤔

The first R20 release had some interesting saber dueling.
Everything after felt less exciting to me.
Then again I liked the drawn out ones where PB replenished BP (even though I suck at PBing, but watching two players that are good at it go against one another made for suspenseful fights).