[Model Replacement]EG-5 Droid

The EG-5 Droid from JKHUB ( https://jkhub.org/files/file/2763-eg-5-jedi-hunter-droid/ ) replacing the Reborn_Twin playermodel, sadly, for some reason, I could NOT replace the damn playermodel icon. But the model works just fine. Includes Taunts, deathsounds, deathscream, painsounds, gloats, etc.

See it in action:

[Humor Short] Playing as Sith in a nutshell | Movie Battles II Community

Dropbox - zzz_PSKEG5.pk3

The model was not made by me, I only made it so it replaced the reborn playermodel and redistributed it here. Credit to the model goes to Psyk0Sith

Upvote 0

Pahricida

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Psyk0Sith: Veteran of JK2/JKA modding and this model shows the man knows his stuff.

I just read that the polycount is above 10K While most models are usually around 3-5K so I wouldn't use this replacement with high quality saber hilt models as that could lead to problems.
I also looked into the .pk3 and couldn't figure out why the icon doesn't show either.

Last edited:

DarthDementous

US Official Server Admin
I have some suggestions for fixing the player icon (this is without looking into the actual files, just based off past experience):

1. the reborn_twin model doesn't correspond to mb2_icon_default because its referencing a different skin.

2. in Pakscape, it doesn't show the file format. its possible that the .jpg suffix is missing which is why its not registering properly.

3. your icon file is .jpg while the one in the reborn_twin folder could be .png or vice versa. if the formats don't match up, it won't correctly replace because the names aren't exactly similar.

I have some suggestions for fixing the player icon (this is without looking into the actual files, just based off past experience):

1. the reborn_twin model doesn't correspond to mb2_icon_default because its referencing a different skin.

2. in Pakscape, it doesn't show the file format. its possible that the .jpg suffix is missing which is why its not registering properly.

3. your icon file is .jpg while the one in the reborn_twin folder could be .png or vice versa. if the formats don't match up, it won't correctly replace because the names aren't exactly similar.

I know, the Reborn_Twin icon corresponds to _rgb and _boss aside from _default for the old versions/FA. And they're all also .jpg

Rename the file from zzz_PSKEG5.pk3 to z_zzz_PSKEG5.pk3.

Not sure if that will work but will do.

-EDIT-
It works, it reads the contents of PSKEG5.pk3 first this way. Ty Vitéz

Last edited: