MBII Duels #24

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Duels on day 1 of patch 1.4 open beta after finishing the awfully slow and long download in the evening. This video is pretty much just me dueling sek a bunch of times and him getting better and adjusting more and more to the system as I talk and explain stuff to him. He hadn't read the patch notes btw.

By the end he had adjusted enough that he could put up some very tough resistance. So if he can adjust so quickly then everyone else should be able to adjust aswell given enough time ^^

Also, 1.4 sabering is so intense x.x I feel like I have only 45 minutes of stamina before I start getting tired and omitting PBs and missing counter timings etc. But, it's an extremely good saber system despite it taking a high toll on my concentration and stamina and I'm looking forward to playing it lots more in the coming days xD

Upvote 0

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Nice. Yellow users should love this patch, tbh. Interested to know Sek's thoughts on the system, did he tell you?

Reactions: SeV

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Yeah yellow is quite interesting in this patch. No more boring 4 hit combo zombie style play. One of the main things I tried to get through was a basic principle to include more 'act-react' cycles. So one 4 hit combo while the opponent PB's or counter-combos would the 1 cycle. In the new system the amount of cycles has increased, so in essence you're performing more actions per minute while fighting and it's a more intense back and forth than before. That was the intention anyway and it seems to also have increased the skillceiling by alot.

If I remember correctly sek said he liked the way the counters work. I don't remember him saying anything else directly about the system and I don't want to put words in his mouth. But I got the overall impression that he was enjoying it.