[MASTER THREAD] REPORT: Performance issues and increased join / class bugs with 1.6

Hello gentlemen and devs,

Since the release of 1.6, the performance of the game has taken a huge hit. Connecting to servers takes significantly longer as does exiting to main menu. My game often freezes and crashes.

Join bugs and class bugs are much more frequent now. I haven't been able to pick jedi / sith or change teams. Each time I do, I get put as an elite trooper with no weapons or points.

Please revert the game back to 1.5 or earlier.

Thank you!

D

Deleted member 7686

i have the same issues.

on another note, the removal of flinch was a huge buff to saberist because now there's literally no counterplay. They just walk at you holding m1 and you die. Please play test your patches before you push us 'knockback' thanks

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
All of these issues will be resolved in the upcoming patch. Let us know once 1.6.1 if you are still experiencing issues.

shot0054.jpg

Pls fix this and end my suffering

Yes, I too have Foba's issue. If I join a game when it's about to start, I get "Connection Interrupted". This was happening in previous version as well.

@FrenzY

Thank you for your help

I am getting a lot of "Connection Interrupt" right as the map loads and I have to \reconnect. Is there a known fix for this? Also game crash at nearly every map change.

I am getting a lot of "Connection Interrupt" right as the map loads and I have to \reconnect. Is there a known fix for this? Also game crash at nearly every map change.
the devs are working hard to fix this issue. you can expect a fix in 5-657 business days

This has been there for like forever and happens if you join the server (as in start connecting) precisely as the new round countdown begins to my knowledge. No workaround besides /reconnect I think.

Join bugs seem to be more server dependant now. On some I can't change my class/build for like 3 rounds straight, on other servers I only have problems when switching from sith/jedi. As for the first join, right now what seems to have the most success for me is to do the join as BH, then if I see that the BH counter on class select goes up by 1 I'm free to choose whatever I want. Same with hero for rebs. Still I try to reselect different models/builds for saberist classes to make sure I'm spawning with the right build.

Joinbugs are even more severe now. I picked IMP mando and spawned as a REB jedi with no build. Not only it spawned me as the wrong class, it spawned me in the wrong team - and I just connected, so it's not that I played as a jedi before and tried to switch to mando. Seems random as fuck