•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Mac

Yo,

does any of u have any experience with MovieBattles on Macbook? Since i cba to really dig into it.

thank you

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Installation & Troubleshooting Guide

Standard without launcher
  1. Navigate to your home library folder, by using the "Go" menu of the Finder while pressing the "alt" key.
  2. Go to "Application Support".
  3. Then depending on the version of jka you use open the folder :
    • "Jedi Academy" : for Steam Version
    • "Jedi Academy MP" : for CD Version
    • "OpenJK" : for OpenJK version
  4. Select the folder MBII contained in Movie Battles II .zip file, and drag it in to the folder previously identified (at point 3). There must be ONLY an MBII folder with all the files. If you have a zip containing a patch don't replace the entire folder, but replace the content inside that MBII folder.
  5. There are several ways to run MBII on a Mac :
    • On earlier patches (1.01c/d), you can hold shift while running Jedi Academy MP and type in “+set fs_game MBII”
    • Alternately for the newer patch (1.01e) and steam version, Redsaurus has provided us with an application for Mac that launches straight to MBII, JKJALauncher.app (you can download that here or here). You will need to launch it the first time holding the shift key to configure it by adding "+set fs_game MBII" in its setup.
  6. Enjoy!
Mono/Launcher (Good luck)
  1. Install Mono for OS X, following instructions here: Install Mono on Mac OS X | Mono
  2. Download MBIILauncher.exe from here: https://www.moviebattles.org/download/MBIILauncher.exe
  3. Place the MBIILauncher.exe in one of the following folder depending on the version of Jedi Academy you're running:
    • Steam: ~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy
    • Retail CD: ~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy MP
    • OpenJK: ~/Library/Application Support/OpenJK
  4. Open Terminal, and enter in the following, again depending on the version of Jedi Academy you're running:
    • Steam: cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy; mono ./MBIILauncher.exe
    • Retail CD: cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy\ MP; mono ./MBIILauncher.exe
    • OpenJK: cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/OpenJK; mono ./MBIILauncher.exe
  5. The very first time you launch MBIILauncher.exe through Mono it could take some time. This is because Mono is building it's font cache. The second, and consequent launches will be quicker.

Yo thanks supa i love u, the thing is, I dont have jka at all haha, and I dont have it on steam either. I used to have cd copies on Daemon Tools, but thats long gone. This shit u posted looks so hard, i am done