•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Mac launcher?

Ok so everytime I download I download this mod launcher under mac os it says that the mod can't run with windows files. Honestly Im just completely confused on what Im supposed to do to, I have the torrent files downloaded, but Idk what to do. Can someone like honestly just give me like a step by step on what to do because Ive looked at youtube and all these sites and I am still confused as hell.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Last edited:
Last edited:
Check the "Automatic install" link I posted. Check it closely =\
It's all there. All the links, all the instructions =\
I got mono, what do I do now with the launcher?
What application to I set it up with? It keeps saying there is not application to run on, but I have jedi academy on steam and I have all the files.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I got up to step four on the guide. I downloaded mono, and the launcher. I created the folder and put the launcher inside, but when i entered the code into the terminal It said
"Cannot open assembly './MBIILauncherLIN.exe': No such file or directory." as you can see in the screenshot. The name of the user I put in is correct. Im trying to move onto step five, but I am unsure if I am doing the terminal step right. I repeat, I already downloaded mono on the installer ( I can't find the application however if there is one) put the launcher in the correct file, and just got to step 4. I am aware that you cannot execute the launcher on its own but I don't know where I can open mono. It says to start mono and pass a file through it as a command line parameter, but I can't find the application for mono, despite me downloading it then re-downloading it to be sure. I know that this must be a real bother to you, and I apologize for bothering you so much, but I am really bad with computers and every time I look for mono anywhere on my computer the only thing there is the installation guide and installer. I looked through the guide at least three times and Ive been trying for the past two hours. I am sorry again and I really appreciate all the help, but Im just genuinely unsure where its going wrong.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
as you can see in the screenshot.
The problem is, I cannot see a screenshot.
Upload it to this thread ("Upload a File" button), or upload it to Imgur and post a link here.
"Cannot open assembly './MBIILauncherLIN.exe': No such file or directory."
Usually this means that an incorrect path is entered.

Make sure you do have a file "/Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy/MBIILauncherLIN.exe".
MBIILauncherLIN.exe, not MBIILauncher.exe.

Make sure you've typed in terminal exactly this:
Code:
cd /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy; mono ./MBIILauncherLIN.exe
Make sure you've replaced "YOUR_NAME" with your actual account.

If Launcher starts but then crashes, try these lines:
Code:
cd /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy; mono --arch=32 ./MBIILauncherLIN.exe

cd /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy; mono32 ./MBIILauncherLIN.exe

imgur album b2Wp6
I wrote it again the correct way at the beginning and it still says the same thing. Were there any files I am missing? DO any other mods I have get in the way of the game? The only other mod I have is star wars jedi academy enhanced. Does that get in the way of movie battles?

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
imgur album b2Wp6
I wrote it again the correct way at the beginning and it still says the same thing. Were there any files I am missing? DO any other mods I have get in the way of the game? The only other mod I have is star wars jedi academy enhanced. Does that get in the way of movie battles?
... And now you are missing "/Users/" part.
Please focus, and type this in terminal:
Code:
cd /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy; mono ./MBIILauncherLIN.exe
Concentrate.

Imgur

here is what I typed. Hopefully I spelled everything correctly and put in everything needed. I stopped and checked a bunch of times to see if it was right, and it seemed right to me? It still won't load anything up. Are there any file that I am missing from the ones I showed earlier?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Imgur

here is what I typed. Hopefully I spelled everything correctly and put in everything needed. I stopped and checked a bunch of times to see if it was right, and it seemed right to me? It still won't load anything up. Are there any file that I am missing from the ones I showed earlier?
I don't get it
It has to work, but it doesn't :(

Try execute this:
Code:
cd /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy; ls -a
And post a screenshot of output.

Imgur
I did what you said and a new problem has arisen. Listen, Thank you very much, I really appreciate you sticking it out with me and helping me every way you could, but I don't think its going to work, so never mind I guess, and Thank you very much. If you come up with a solution, please let me know but in the mean time I don't know what to do, so thank you.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Once again, you typed command incorrectly.
You didn't put space between "cd" and "/Users", and you typed 1s instead of ls.
There are no numbers in "ls" command, it contains only two letters: L and S.

Anyway, for some reason I think you misplaced MBIILauncherLIN.exe.
Probably, "/Users/Rafi/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy/" folder isn't a top-level, it's just a subfolder somewhere down in hierarchy.

I need you to make screenshot of Finder in multi-column view, where whole path of MBIILauncherLIN.exe could be seen, and it should start from "Macintosh HD" (or whatever root directory is called on your machine).
You can see some kind of example of such screenshot in this post (though it isn't related to Movie Battles, but it does illustrate my idea good enough).
If you come up with a solution, please let me know but in the mean time
There is no magical solution that will solve your issue in a single click.
They only way is to keep doing what we were doing.

f104a4b6fdf0.png