•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Mac issues: OpenJK / consistent crashing bug / servers hidden

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
Hey, guys!

So, it took me quite a while, but I got MBII working somewhat on my Macbook (early 2013) on Mac OSX 10.13.1
It's good to be back, I missed this mod.

I could not get the launcher via mono to work (error messages), so I used the program OG dev @redsaurus posted {http://redsaurus.net/JKJALaunch/15/JKJALaunch.zip}, which speeds up the opening process (opens me right up to MBII). But, this does not allow me to run OpenJK, unfortunately. Is there a way this app can be updated to allow this?

That at least got me to get in-game, but from there I can only see a few servers and am forced to use Jack's server list (which doesn't seem to update properly). Copying & pasting servers after 50 times gets a bit old.

I am also crashing every...3-5 rounds. Every time it is when the round is about to start. The only way to exit out of the freeze is to press cmd-alt-esc to force close it.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
But, this does not allow me to run OpenJK, unfortunately
It, probably, should allow you to run OpenJK, but you must download and install OpenJK first from here: index · powered by h5ai 0.26.1 (http://larsjung.de/h5ai/)
OR, use file mbii.x86.exe, it should come with MBII installation.
Replace path to SWJKJA.app with a path to mbii.x86.exe, or to path to vanilla OpenJK .app.
That at least got me to get in-game, but from there I can only see a few servers and am forced to use Jack's server list (which doesn't seem to update properly). Copying & pasting servers after 50 times gets a bit old.

I am also crashing every...3-5 rounds. Every time it is when the round is about to start.
Sounds like your installation is outdated, you don't have client hotfix.
MAKE SURE you did install Client Side Hotfix (1.4.8.1), take it from here: Download . Right pane, click to unfold and see links.
Hotfix should be unpacked over MBII installation overwriting files. Single torrent file is not enough!

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
It, probably, should allow you to run OpenJK, but you must download and install OpenJK first from here: index · powered by h5ai 0.26.1 (http://larsjung.de/h5ai/)
OR, use file mbii.x86.exe, it should come with MBII installation.
Replace path to SWJKJA.app with a path to mbii.x86.exe, or to path to vanilla OpenJK .app.
This does not work, 'OK' gets grayed out if I choose either MBII.x86 or OpenJK :[
Screenshot 2017-12-30 14.01.27.png

Sounds like your installation is outdated, you don't have client hotfix.
MAKE SURE you did install Client Side Hotfix (1.4.8.1), take it from here: Download . Right pane, click to unfold and see links.
Hotfix should be unpacked over MBII installation overwriting files. Single torrent file is not enough!
Which file is the Client Side Hotfix?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-12-30 14.01.38.png
    Screenshot 2017-12-30 14.01.38.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 153

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
This does not work, 'OK' gets grayed out if I choose either MBII.x86 or OpenJK :[
You probably need select 32-bit version of OpenJK, not openjk.x86_64.app.
From what i know, the only Movie Battles binaries those exist are 32-bit binaries, so they need 32-bit version of engine.
And don't even try to select mbii.x86.exe -- .exe files are Windows only, you can't run them on Mac (except for .Net programs, but this is not the case).
You are supposed to have mbii.x86.app (at least, I can see it listed here: http://update.moviebattles.org//lists/binaries_mac.list ), use it.
Which file is the Client Side Hotfix?
Oh come on! Why do you people keep asking same question over and over again, despite the fact a direct link is in download section, perfectly visible?

751bdff44cfb.png