•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Looking for help installing mbII on mac

So I just got Jedi Academy on my mac and saw this awesome mod. I tried downloading it and going through the walkthroughs, installing mono and the full mod but for some reason I cant unzip it once it's downloaded no matter what I try. Also when I've tried to open the launcher or torrent download option it still says it's for windows and can't run on my mac even though I installed mono. I'm very new to mods in general so this may be a lot easier than it seems to me but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
You have to execute .NET applications on mac using Mono in special way:

Place the MBIILauncher.exe in one of the following folder depending on the version of Jedi Academy you're running:
Steam: ~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy
Retail CD: ~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy MP
OpenJK: ~/Library/Application Support/OpenJK
Open Terminal, and enter in the following, again depending on the version of Jedi Academy you're running:
Steam: cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy; mono ./MBIILauncher.exe
Retail CD: cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy\ MP; mono ./MBIILauncher.exe
OpenJK: cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/OpenJK; mono ./MBIILauncher.exe

Installation & Troubleshooting Guide

And please, don't retell error messages. Post precise description what did you do, and direct quotations what output did you get instead.
Screenshots are welcomed.

Last edited:
You have to execute .NET applications on mac using Mono in special way:

Place the MBIILauncher.exe in one of the following folder depending on the version of Jedi Academy you're running:
Steam: ~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy
Retail CD: ~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy MP
OpenJK: ~/Library/Application Support/OpenJK
Open Terminal, and enter in the following, again depending on the version of Jedi Academy you're running:
Steam: cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy; mono ./MBIILauncher.exe
Retail CD: cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy\ MP; mono ./MBIILauncher.exe
OpenJK: cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/OpenJK; mono ./MBIILauncher.exe

Installation & Troubleshooting Guide

And please, don't retell error messages. Post precise description what did you do, and direct quotations what output did you get instead.
Screenshots are welcomed.
thanks much appreciated