Launcher Update - 3.0.1

mb2_logo_1.png
We have released a small update to Launcher to fix a couple of bugs that made it into the last release.
  • Fix: The minimiser will no longer be disabled after the 'Settings' screen is displayed.
  • Fix: The self updating mechanism will now be able to update its self when an 'AutoUpdate.exe' already exists.
  • Fix: Steam integration settings will now be saved - this should prevent Steam Users engine from constantly resetting back to JAMP if another option is selected.
  • Fix: References to a 'Complete' Installation have been removed.
  • Fix: At the end of installation the AutoUpdater will now ask the Shell to launch MBII Launcher rather than the operating system. This may solve some instances of the download appearing corrupt or blocked.
  • Fix: A crash has been fixed where there is no 'MBII' directory beneath the selected GameData path.

Hey People!

I've just had to reinstall all JA and MBII, and ran into a problem I hope some of you might be able to answer. I've downloaded all the MBII files via torrent, put them into GameData, clicked on Launcher, says Launcher needs refresh:
imgur album C5rI6sF
I click refresh, then the error pops up:
imgur album OxdA4RC
I tried to delete the MBIILauncher folder and the one in the AppData as well, and then retry, but it doesnt work still. Any idea what to do with this?
Been having this same error as well, even after I redownloaded the 3GB file. How to fix this?

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Have a look in <MBIILauncher Directory>/MBII_Launcher/AutoUpdateLogs/ and post (Or PM me because it might contain your username) the latest log file.

Have a look in <MBIILauncher Directory>/MBII_Launcher/AutoUpdateLogs/ and post (Or PM me because it might contain your username) the latest log file.
===================================================
Movie Battles II AutoUpdater file Created on: 6/7/2018 9:12:37 PM
===================================================
Initialising connection to server.
Detected OS Windows. Retrieving Windows Launcher Manifest.
Retrieved 680 bytes
Deserialising manifest.
Deserialised complete. There are 2 records.
Starting backup.
Checking if /MBIILauncher.exe exists in path C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData/
File found at C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe
Backing file up to C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak.
Error occured during backup: The file 'C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak' already exists.
Stack Trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
at AutoUpdate.AutoUpdate.BackupCurrent()
Beginning removal of backup files
Checking if file C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak exists.
File exists. Deleting...
Error occured during removing backup: Access to the path 'C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData\MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak' is denied.
Stack Trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
at AutoUpdate.AutoUpdate.DeleteBackupFiles()
Starting Launcher...
Using path: C:/GOG Games/Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy/GameData/MBIILauncher.exe. Command line:
Error occured starting launcher: The operation was canceled by the user
Stack Trace: at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at AutoUpdate.Form1.UpdateWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
@ChocoMan delete file "C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData\MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak", then download these:
http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/MBIILauncher.exe
http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/AutoUpdate.exe
http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/MBII_Patcher.dll
Stack Trace: at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at AutoUpdate.Form1.UpdateWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
AutoUpdate.Form1.
lmao

Been having this same error as well, even after I redownloaded the 3GB file. How to fix this?

For me it helped to reinstall the game, update it to 1.5 manually.
And open the launcher but say no to the update, after you said no, use the play_mb2 file in mb2 folder 2 start the game.

@ChocoMan delete file "C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData\MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak", then download these:
http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/MBIILauncher.exe
http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/AutoUpdate.exe
http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/MBII_Patcher.dll

lmao
Ok thanks I am able to run MB2 but now, I'm unable to see/join a game with players, just shows the maps with 0 players. So how can I connect to a game like before?

After the update this happened:

Attachments

• bandicam 2018-06-08 16-02-39-762.jpg
    bandicam 2018-06-08 16-02-39-762.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 433
oh man this is full of errors. I guess I'll have to wait when a new update is released. until then, I won't be able to play

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
oh man this is full of errors. I guess I'll have to wait when a new update is released. until then, I won't be able to play
Most of the errors are solvable.
Waiting for a next update won't get you anywhere, it won't magically fix issues.
I suggest you to describe your problems in detail, explaining what "full of errors" actually is, so I could give you relevant advice.

I'm having the same problem as Chocoman, and the problem that is happening on my end is that it will get to the launcher, say that it is ready after validating files, and then ask you to update again, making you update, greying out all the buttons, and making it impossible to click any of the community, support, website, settings, install, uninstall, etc.

Attachments

• Death.PNG
    Death.PNG
    681.8 KB · Views: 321
My launcher keeps always asking me to update the game.
The mod is already 1.5 but the launcher keeps asking me to update.