•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Launcher launches base JKA MP

Ok, so I've never had this problem ever before, but now since trying to install the mb2 launcher on my roomate's pc, the launcher will install everything fine. But, when I go to launch the game, it goes into the base multiplayer logo, then the mb2 little animation, and then finally back to the base mp menu. I have tried repairing, launching the mod from within the base jka. Not sure on what to do now. Have even nuked the files and started over..... Steam integration is checked and I've tried putting +set fs_game "MBII" into both the launcher and jka in steam properties. Please help

Ok so good and bad news. I can run mb2 by launching JKA from steam with launch parameters "set +fs_game MBIIBeta" and then load the mod from settings, however I get booted off my AOD servers that I play on. So, if i try to use the launcher, it cant detect MB2 and I'm afraid to click install for fear of losing all the download time i spent on the server files. Any suggestions from here?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
"set +fs_game MBIIBeta"
Why beta?!
There are no beta servers anymore indeed, so you won't be able join any servers. It was sooo long time ago when beta was actual.
And where the hell you did get that files? I've provided you a link. Did you download files somewhere else?
Any suggestions from here?
Delete folder "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBIIBeta", if you have one.
Delete any installation files from 1.4 beta.
Install Movie Battles using Launcher or from this: Download .

Run "Repair installation" in Launcher.
Make sure a log file doesn't contain "WRONG CHECKSUM" lines, not even once.
If there are "WRONG CHECKSUM", run repair again. Run it as many times as needed.

If you constantly get "WRONG CHECKSUM" in logs, test your Internet connection as I mentioned before, and perform anti-virus scan.
I recommend Kaspersky, NOD or Dr.Web.

Why beta?!
There are no beta servers anymore indeed, so you won't be able join any servers. It was sooo long time ago when beta was actual.
And where the hell you did get that files? I've provided you a link. Did you download files somewhere else?

Delete folder "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBIIBeta", if you have one.
Delete any installation files from 1.4 beta.
Install Movie Battles using Launcher or from this: Download .

Run "Repair installation" in Launcher.
Make sure a log file doesn't contain "WRONG CHECKSUM" lines, not even once.
If there are "WRONG CHECKSUM", run repair again. Run it as many times as needed.

If you constantly get "WRONG CHECKSUM" in logs, test your Internet connection as I mentioned before, and perform anti-virus scan.
I recommend Kaspersky, NOD or Dr.Web.
Well actually now that I try it, just MBII in the parameters works, I dont need the beta part, thats just what one of the PlayMBII batch files said to do. I downloaded everything from the download page. Under server though, is that a problem?

Delete any .bat files those have any mentions of "beta".
Use Launcher to start Movie Battles.

No.
As I said before, you was supposed to download a server installation.

But one more time, the most important thing about detecting problems is repair log.
That's what I said before though, the launcher doesn't detect MB2 installed. Even though it's running and working now through the setup menu/load mod MB2

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
That's what I said before though, the launcher doesn't detect MB2 installed. Even though it's running and working now through the setup menu/load mod MB2
If it's working now and you're ok with that, you can leave as is.

Otherwise, click "Install" in Launcher.
Launcher won't download files you already have.

If it's working now and you're ok with that, you can leave as is.

Otherwise, click "Install" in Launcher.
Launcher won't download files you already have.
Ok cool that's what I wanted to know. I was afraid it'd overwrite and mess the whole process up again haha. Thanks again for all your help, sorry this went is circles