•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] "Keep the launcher running!" and all that jazz.

Heya -- Pancakes here, or Qui'ren in game. I have the game through Steam. I'm getting the issue where I can launch the game fine, join a server fine -- but then get booted after 3-7 seconds of being in the server. Back to the main menu with: "Please launch the game with the launcher and keep it open while playing!"

However -- it seems to think that I do not have the launcher open whilst I play, even though I do. I imagine there is something incorrect in my files that disallows for validation that the launcher is still running? Yes yes, I already tried repairing. I've seen this issue addressed before -- though in the thread it wasn't really solved as opposed to "...launched the game up after the fifth try and it worked..."; but this is not the case for me. I've tried thirty times and yes -- I counted.

Perhaps someone may shed some light on this issue? Thank you!

Last edited:
Take off your hacks! :D

Try running through the launcher.
However -- it seems to think that I do not have the launcher open whilst I play, even though I do.

yesyes.png

I do launch it up with the launcher. I stated this. My intent is not unwanted software temperament. Though in retrospect, I should stated that "I have the game on steam" instead of "running the game on steam". Whoops! I'll fix that.

Last edited:

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Go into settings and change it to OpenJK, then launch through launcher. See what that does.
I myself run by having the launcher open, then launching through steam with the launch options as +set fs_game "MBII"