Joining servers without server browser

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
As a temporary workaround until the server browser/launcher are fixed, please follow these instructions:
  1. Having a minimizer setup in conjunction with MBII is highly recommended. Either use the one built into the launcher or a third party one like Q3E minimizer.
  2. Browse to the MBII Serverlist and choose a server you wish to join. Click on the corresponding address field to copy to your clipboard.
  3. Start Movie Battles II. Once loaded to the menu, open the console (SHIFT + ~ or TILDE).
  4. Type in /connect, add a space, use CTRL+V to paste the server address, and then hit ENTER to join.

Last edited:
I seem to recall some legal mumbo-jumbo in regards to hosting dowloads for MB2Connect. Can we get that added to this thread if the rights are still available?

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Main problem with MB2Connect is incompatibility with launcher/Steam, which many people use. It would be recommended otherwise.

As the servers are registering with other master servers you can alternatively use /seta sv_master2 "master.jkhub.org", refresh server list and voila. At least it works for me in openjk.

You guys should consider adding a "Servers" tab on the navigation bar using jack's list like the old forum. I'm guessing you're probably already working on that but I figured I would suggest it in case not

jacklul

You guys should consider adding a "Servers" tab on the navigation bar using jack's list like the old forum. I'm guessing you're probably already working on that but I figured I would suggest it in case not
They will probably put the server list back on the site because I sent them a backup of the list script from the previous site, LoU will probably get it working.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Right now it's just a matter of priorities. #1 right now is to get site stuff working again so launcher update can be released. Server list will return eventually.

I uploaded MB2Connect just in case someone was using it and loved it, provided small readme in it with small guide how to make it work also with MBII OpenJK.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17049925/MB2Connect.zip (this link is also available on my list)
Thanks jack, I still use it frequently when there are issues with the master server, and for creating desktop link shortcuts that can log me directly on to servers.

TeKilla

Donator
My favorites servers list is still saved. I just changed source to favorites and all my servers were there.

i got the mbii 1.3.1 downloaded and the launcher set to +set fs_game "MBII" but cant seem to see to see any server to join. i have it set to internet and (lan/cable) im also using steam if that makes a difference.if anyone can help that would be awesome!

So yeah I am having the same issue on not seeing any servers at all, any tips would be appreciated.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
So yeah I am having the same issue on not seeing any servers at all, any tips would be appreciated.
Did you remove the zzz_MBII.pk3 as instructed in the launcher update news post?

Just installed MBII, after having dug up my old game and replaying it. Does that file removal for zzz_MBII.pk3 still apply? Or has a recent update changed that?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Just installed MBII, after having dug up my old game and replaying it. Does that file removal for zzz_MBII.pk3 still apply? Or has a recent update changed that?
If you have zzz_MBII.pk3, you should delete it. List of servers is available in game.
To properly install mod you should use:
launcher,
*or*
manually download and unzip *one* of these files:
Star Wars: Movie Battles II v1.3.2 Full download
http://update.moviebattles.org/MovieBattlesII.torrent
http://update.moviebattles.org/MovieBattlesII_FULL_1.3.2.1.zip

Last edited:

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
They will probably put the server list back on the site because I sent them a backup of the list script from the previous site, LoU will probably get it working.
@LoU @jacklul how about providing MB2Connect functionality for the launcher? Best of both worlds, no? ^^

jacklul

I don't think i have the code for it, it can be redone, not sure if it should be enabled by default tho.
It took you not that much time to do this the first time, shouldn't be a problem to do it again?