Jedi vs Droideka is COMPLETELY BROKEN

I left my feedback on beta thread countless times and devs acknowledged that FP drain was too low. What do they do to fix it? Increase it from 1.00 to 1.05. WOW. Do you even play and test this class? I know most of you hate this class. It was either too op or useless. No in between. And now its useless again. DROIDEKA CAN NOT DRAIN JEDIS FP. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. Even with discharge and long distance between jedi and deka JEDI still has the upper hand. FP2 is completely useless against it. Cant even drain below 70 fp. Shooting a zigzaging jedi is hard. But even in a perfect situation when a deka somehow magically lands every shot you still cant drain jedis fp and then he just jumps on top of you and kill you. The only thing you can do is get quick deploy and run away shoot him a few times and then run away again until you either get shot or get backwhacked by a jedi...

I love playing this class and have been playing for years but even a few jedis renders playing deka completely obselete and impossible. So how to fix this? Either;
1. Give deka Shield discharge by default
2. Increase fp drain to 1.20 - 1.30
3. Nerf saber damage against deka shield so it takes at least 2-3 hits to kill the deka. ( The "bug" on beta drop 4. )

But please at least acknowledge that Jedi vs Deka is broken.

Discharge really should be a default part of the class but I don't see that happening as its not part of either the dueling system or saberists performance in open mode AKA the only 2 things the devs care about.

After playing deka regularly for sometime just for a change of class, I absolutely agree. Without discharge, deka is pretty well dead against jedi. I was shooting a jedi down side corridor and drained all his fp, hit him a few times, and he still survived, jumped ontop and killed me.

@ez.HTD I would implement all the ideas you suggested. Deka is supposed to be a mobile turret class, but people play it more like a run and gun. It's blasters are pretty weak too, and aim terribly. I would suggest making the speed at which the blaster fire moves for the deka slower, but increase the hitbox.

I'd say the most important thing to implement that would be a game changer is having discharge by default.

Last edited:
I left my feedback on beta thread countless times and devs acknowledged that FP drain was too low. What do they do to fix it? Increase it from 1.00 to 1.05. WOW. Do you even play and test this class? I know most of you hate this class. It was either too op or useless. No in between. And now its useless again. DROIDEKA CAN NOT DRAIN JEDIS FP. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. Even with discharge and long distance between jedi and deka JEDI still has the upper hand. FP2 is completely useless against it. Cant even drain below 70 fp. Shooting a zigzaging jedi is hard. But even in a perfect situation when a deka somehow magically lands every shot you still cant drain jedis fp and then he just jumps on top of you and kill you. The only thing you can do is get quick deploy and run away shoot him a few times and then run away again until you either get shot or get backwhacked by a jedi...

I love playing this class and have been playing for years but even a few jedis renders playing deka completely obselete and impossible. So how to fix this? Either;
1. Give deka Shield discharge by default
2. Increase fp drain to 1.20 - 1.30
3. Nerf saber damage against deka shield so it takes at least 2-3 hits to kill the deka. ( The "bug" on beta drop 4. )

But please at least acknowledge that Jedi vs Deka is broken.

get good...

You counter every class apart from jedi get good nika.

Cat

I don't claim deka isn't broken, yet fighting jedi as deka is meant to be hard.

Well, Dekas are pretty good against all gunner, they are the tanks that can forbid an entire zone and are deadly in corridor.
It is normal in my eyes to have them be weak against some class at the very list, just like Glowstick are relegated to Support class.

They still have way to defend themselve with the pulse, but yeah, it's if you equip yourself against jedi, and it should NOT be by default (in my eye anyway)
Dekas should definitly not be that class that can beat everyone on the battlefield.

But this is based on me memory with 1.4 and I haven't tryied much the dekas in the 1.5, so I'll get back here.

Well, Dekas are pretty good against all gunner, they are the tanks that can forbid an entire zone and are deadly in corridor.
It is normal in my eyes to have them be weak against some class at the very list, just like Glowstick are relegated to Support class.

They still have way to defend themselve with the pulse, but yeah, it's if you equip yourself against jedi, and it should NOT be by default (in my eye anyway)
Dekas should definitly not be that class that can beat everyone on the battlefield.

But this is based on me memory with 1.4 and I haven't tryied much the dekas in the 1.5, so I'll get back here.

Dekas are weak to EMP Arc, ion blobs, jedi, and dodge hero and in some situations rage wook. That makes it 5 classes. 3 of them being HARD COUNTERS. ( Jedi, ARC, Clone) And no , they are not tanks anymore. They kill fast, they die fast. You are confusing 1.5 deka with v0 deka. You don't know what you are talking about.

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Personally i don't think any of the pulse/ion buffs were warranted vs deka, particularly as i'd polished them enough in previous builds... but enough of that. If discharge is to be given in the class config as separate from PM/QD and potentially stacking with them, it might not be such a good thing to also increase the FP drain. Especially if discharge is to be given for free by default, then almost certainly the FP drain increase wouldn't be warranted.

Dekas are weak to EMP Arc, ion blobs, jedi, and dodge hero and in some situations rage wook. That makes it 5 classes. 3 of them being HARD COUNTERS. ( Jedi, ARC, Clone) And no , they are not tanks anymore. They kill fast, they die fast. You are confusing 1.5 deka with v0 deka. You don't know what you are talking about.
Hence why I said that was from earlier version memory, hopefully when you read a post, you read it entirely and don't act like a jerk.

Dekas are overpowered and super annoying in open mode. Doesn't everyone just LOVE being completely zoned out of chokepoints because there are one or two braindead deka players holding down m1 with their right hand, eating crisps/chips with their left hand while being jerked off by their sister-in-law? (a study has shown that all deka players live in incestuous family environments) These dekas don't even need a lot of skill, they just have to aim in the general direction of the enemy team. That way, most of the time they can zone an entire route of a map by themselves because good teamplay is very rarely seen in open mode. On the other hand, deka is probably fine in 6v6 matches because teams coordinate way better there.
Anyone who liked ez's post should get his hands chopped off as a reminder that a stupid opinion cannot be posted without being punished for it. Democracy and freedom of speech do not work.
Ez himself should serve a prison sentence of about 10 years to think about what he has done. Spreading shitty ideas like buffing deka is worse than sexually harassing young boys.

Best regards and keep the discussions civil!
(England will not win the World Cup)

Dekas are weak to EMP Arc, ion blobs, jedi, and dodge hero and in some situations rage wook.
buahahahahahah great joke htd.
As you MIGHT know deka obliterates every gunner in about 1 second with only firepower 2. Emp as you MIGHT know is completely useless against any deka thats remotely good because you can just disable shield and run away. Dodge got nerfed and ion also got nerfed afaik

I do perfectly agree that the fp drains are way too low but deka is still broken af in other ways, especially power managment(where its impossible for e11 user to drain shield faster than it gets regenerated)

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
with the new projectile speeds, e11's can kill dekas pretty easily now. dont know why everyone is complaining about them being too hard

Personally i don't think any of the pulse/ion buffs were warranted vs deka, particularly as i'd polished them enough in previous builds... but enough of that. If discharge is to be given in the class config as separate from PM/QD and potentially stacking with them, it might not be such a good thing to also increase the FP drain. Especially if discharge is to be given for free by default, then almost certainly the FP drain increase wouldn't be warranted.

Of course the ion/emp buff was not warranted. Especially against SBD. Facing an ion or EMP arc is an absolute death sentence for the SBD now. Add to the fact that purple/red have no flinch and knockback. the loser of this patch is the SBD. I see most of the changes are being added with not even testing it. But back to topic on hand. Giving SD as default and just slightly increasing FP drains to 1.15 imo would be best. Either way FP drains need to be addressed. They aren't low, just broken right now.

@Gumba

With the new projectile speeds its really easy to hit a rolling deka now. Makes getting hull 3 pretty mandatory. No more rushing into reb spawn to distract them as shots are almost instantenous now. You will get shot to death withing seconds. Deka, once more got ninja nerfed again. And PM is only good in a 1v1 situation. In any other situation if you keep reloading your shield you will pretty much fuck yourself over both with no ammo and no shield.

Last edited:
No more rushing into reb spawn to distract them as shots are almost instantenous now. You will get shot to death withing seconds.
And it's a BAD THING?!

I'm sorry, do you want a class that is balanced against the others or a troll class that can do everything? Because even before I didn't had that trouble using the Deka even when blobed by Arc, especially with the instant switch mode.

I once litterally spend 5 minutes in dotf rolling around with every reps unable to do everything because I could shot the guy trying to hack the terminal.

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Doesn't everyone just LOVE being completely zoned out of chokepoints because there are one or two braindead deka players holding down m1 with their right hand

Amusingly, I actually had a recent matchup on Smuggler where there were three droidekas sitting in the datapad room. One purple-wielding berserker later, there was only one, which was subsequently overwhelmed by my teammates. (In subsequent rounds, the enemy team refined the tactic by deploying a few saberists to deter me from making any more attacks like that.)

When the droideka can't (or won't) keep running, the Jedi has a clear advantage now - unless, of course, they're using a more Force-oriented build. (One thing I like about 1.5 is that my 'weaponmaster' templates now have an extra 4 or 6 points to play with, allowing me to be a reasonably well-rounded Jedi without sacrificing the ability to switch styles at will.)

Dekas certainly are somewhat decent in a long narrow corridor with long range (as they should be). But everywhere else, especially in open areas, they get slaughtered. I feel the best way to counter this would just be to give dekas emp by default, and have emp blasts knock down gunners. This will prevent gunners from easily strafing around a deka at close range and slaughtering it. At the same time, they can trick a deka into using an emp, while maintaining enough distance to avoid it, to reduce the dekas shield. Would add to the gameplay IMO.