•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Issues with the launcher (sample way to write a thread!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

Long time lurker finally deciding to post on this forum. I'm having a quite peculiar issue with the mb2 launcher at the moment which makes me unable to install mb2 at all on my computer, after I decided to reinstall my whole OS to fix a couple things. The issue I'm having is that after downloading the launcher from your website (the link in the downloads page gives the old version of the launcher from some reason) and updating it, the launcher will give a NET. Framework error which I haven't been able to solve. I've provided the error log down below and all the info I can think of that could help you with diagnosing the issue.

As stated above I don't have mb2 anymore installed as I reinstalled my whole computer a couple days ago, and now I'm trying to get the the launcher to work but apparently it doesn't for some reason.

Also could the one responsible for the website please fix the launcher download link to download the latest launcher version, as there is no point in having to download a obsolete launcher that is locked and then downloading through it the latest (You won't get the error on the old launcher, but it's locked and says that you have to update the launcher to download MB2).

With my minor knowledge in coding, it looks as if the latest launcher is trying to find files for MB2, but as there are none yet it can't figure out what to do and throws an NET. Framework 3.5 error (why not use 4.5 as it's been out for ages? :O) instead of just downloading the correct file to fix the issue. The AutoUpdate.exe file is not also deleted due to the error, and the MBII_Launcher folder generates a folder called cache, but it's empty.

TL;DR - Launcher doesn't work with fresh install of win10 and 'NET. Framework'. Tries to find a file but can't, and instead gives an 'NET. Framework' error (that I've posted below).

Notes:
- I have all the .NET frameworks installed and updated
- I have all the necessary directX files installed
- File permissions are setup correctly
- No files are read-only
- Removed every single launcher file (even the ones in appdata/local)
- Reinstalled Jk3
- No my anti-virus program is not blocking it

Code:
Specs:
OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit - Version: 1511 - Build: 10586.122
Steam installed on C: drive (128GB SSD)
All my steam games are on the D: drive (1TB Hard drive)
CPU: Intel i5-6300HQ
GPU: Intel HD 530 + Nvidia GTX 950M (2GB)

Capture.PNG

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\mbc.dat'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)
at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)
at MB2Launcher.LauncherMainF.updateMBCdat(String value, Boolean usemd5)
at MB2Launcher.LauncherMainF.FuncOnStart()
at MB2Launcher.LauncherMainF.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at MB2Launcher.LauncherMainF.WndProc(Message& keyPressed)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8670 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MBIILauncher
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Jedi%20Academy/GameData/MBIILauncher.exe
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8681 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8679 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.8693 built by: QFE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Management
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks in advance, and I hope we get this annoying issue solved so that anyone who gets this error in the future can also get it fixed :)

EDIT: Fixed the TL;DR to be better

Status
Not open for further replies.