Is better weapon documentation happening?

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I'm aware that the 1.4 in-game Library is intended to be up to date by release, or at least, i am aware that one dev stated that intent.

Is this library update intended to include detailed numerical stats? Clear information about specific damage values, shot speed, overall IDR behavior, FP deflect drain values, and which stances (running/walking) affect accuracy for particular guns would go a long way towards allowing me to make sense of and figure out proper (or creative) applications for each weapon. Theorycrafting. I like theorycrafting.

If the library's not going to include that level of detail, and I'm interested in knowing that level of detail, should I just test stuff on my own (and prod devs for info) and then flesh out the Wiki with any undocumented info? Or is updating the Wiki being postponed until 1.4 is out?

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Unfortunately the library isn't going to include what you are asking for, only the mechanics that are already in it will be updated if they have been changed in 1.4. But there is a solution, dive into the code and update the library yourself !

Pros: you get to know about virtually all the complex & hidden mechanics of this mod.
Cons: time spent on it.

Requirements: - knowing how to read code to look for values/mechanics (i.e. pretty much the same as knowing how to read text + knowing how to search text).
- knowing how to write text in order to update the wiki/library (just need to get used to the format at first for the library but in no time it gets super easy).

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Do i need to get the source code somewhere, or is everything discoverable from... stuff contained in all these pk3 files?

for reference, i'm sure i can make sense of the code, and i'm even more sure i can write good articles.

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I meant of course that you need to apply for a mb2 dev team member position. Only then will you have access to the code and be able to modify the library for future releases. As for the wiki you can edit it without being in the team (i think ? i don't actually know, lol) but well, the detailed and up-to-date info you need is still in the mod's source code (at least for the very large majority of gameplay-related info).

It would be nice if more detailed info became available for weapons. The base damage listed for things in the library seems not completely accurate or don't tell the whole story. Pistol 3 just says it shoots larger bolts for more damage but keeps how much more damage a secret.

Everyone seems to say that the EE-3 does more damage than the Westar-34 pistols, but the library shows both of them at 28 damage at rank 3. There is no info on Westar charged shot damage. Offhand just says variable for its damage.

The projectile rifle shows 150 damage, but vs the heaviest armor it does about 92-94 armor damage AND 92-94 HP damage in one shot.

Most weapons don't show a damage increase from rank 1 to rank 3, so I never know if there is some benefit not listed... for example, A280 / DLT-20A rank 1 gives you the gun. Rank 2 adds the burst fire mode. Rank 3 just adds a scope. So if I don't need the scope or the burst fire, does rank 1 do just as much damage as rank 2 and rank 3?

I know Dev time is much better spent on game updates than making a super detailed and accurate library/wiki though!

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
It would be nice if more detailed info became available for weapons. The base damage listed for things in the library seems not completely accurate or don't tell the whole story. Pistol 3 just says it shoots larger bolts for more damage but keeps how much more damage a secret.

Everyone seems to say that the EE-3 does more damage than the Westar-34 pistols, but the library shows both of them at 28 damage at rank 3. There is no info on Westar charged shot damage. Offhand just says variable for its damage.

The projectile rifle shows 150 damage, but vs the heaviest armor it does about 92-94 armor damage AND 92-94 HP damage in one shot.

Most weapons don't show a damage increase from rank 1 to rank 3, so I never know if there is some benefit not listed... for example, A280 / DLT-20A rank 1 gives you the gun. Rank 2 adds the burst fire mode. Rank 3 just adds a scope. So if I don't need the scope or the burst fire, does rank 1 do just as much damage as rank 2 and rank 3?

I know Dev time is much better spent on game updates than making a super detailed and accurate library/wiki though!

P3 does 45 base damage if I recall correctly.
Not entirely sure, but if westar charge shots are similar to old pistol charge shots or bowcaster charge shots, its probably doing a little over 200 base damage when fully charged.
Proj rifle does 150 base damage, which is then multiplied by a number depending on what body part it hits. There's also damage reduction from armor that gets factored in.
A280 damage stays the same across all levels. Level 2 also has the benefit of making primary fire 100% accurate while walking.

It really would be nice if all such information was more readily available in-game. That little box in the lower right of the class selection screen that shows ammo count would be more helpful if it displayed data about whatever ability you hover over. For example, if you hovered over a level of E-11 it would show you stats like prim dmg and fire rate, sec dmg and fire rate, and bullet speed for that level. If you hovered over ammo, it would show you what it shows currently. Even if this was just made to be semi-raw readouts from the code, it would be more helpful and user friendly than potentially outdated info from the library.

Adding to the point, the T-21, level 1 gives you the gun, level 2 Gives you secondary fire and level 3 says that increases the size of the clip... but it also makes your secondary fire accurate when still or walking, which is not stated.

I wonder if the same happens with E-11 level 3?

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I wonder if the same happens with E-11 level 3?

The E-11's level2 secondary fire is always inaccurate, even while standing. ..pretty sure.

Is it a semi-obscure fact that the E-11's primary fire has a substantially faster projectile speed than the secondary fire?

The E-11's level2 secondary fire is always inaccurate, even while standing. ..pretty sure.

Is it a semi-obscure fact that the E-11's primary fire has a substantially faster projectile speed than the secondary fire?
No, it was mentioned in 1.3 patch notes that the primary fire of all main guns (except for Clone Rifle) speed had been increased.

I'd be willing to make a spreadsheet showing damage per rank, fire speed, etc and what it does depending on where you hit or which class is using the weapon if that makes a difference, etc. Also what the damage would be to each class if I knew their reduction amount.

Would be neato to see all the weapons with their dps and point cost as well as FP drain, and even an FP drain per second at close, mid, and far range.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Hmm. That would be a useful spreadsheet. It would be based on in-game testing rather than on definitive game data, though, right? So some data points (fire speed) would be kind of indistinct.

I'm considering heavily updating the wiki once this college semester's over, and if that goes well then i'm going to apply for access to the source files so i can draw from perfect info and make the wiki deeper and more informative. If you make your spreadsheet, and if i do update the wiki, i'll certainly draw from your spreadsheet, but in the longer run it might seem like redundant effort from you if i end up having access to the source files.

your spreadsheet would definitely still be useful in the short run either way, though.