Invulnerability to team obstruction during objective hacking

The title says it all. Like this people wouldn't be able to kick you/melee kata you/kill you/etc. while you are hacking the objective - you would be invulnerable to all team damage and team obstruction. Right now people do this all the time and don't let other people on their team do the objective.

k4far

Banned
Donator
The title says it all.
200_s.gif

It would be easier to turn off team damage globally and I do not like that either. New bugs, people abusing it somehow... You have an ancient priviliege to kill tking you teammates it is REVENGE! You can not strip people of that - never it is the core of fun many times. Let us say You have been team killed. Guy that did it just ran at terminal and you wasted your rocket not dealing any damage to him, what more he is refuses to complete using the console and you guys are kinda stuck because of it.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Some newer games have a "no help" option that don't allow teammates to perform certain actions on you that people can set in the options menu, or while the game is even playing.

I don't think being invulnerable to team damage while hacking is a good idea because then teammates could just drop several nades on a teammate and then some enemies can't even get close, or even see the person. (Woo you're on a map with imps assaulting and someone drops a TD on the objective person)

Now certain things could definitely be disabled by such a "no help" option to prevent griefing like that, and it probably should be on by default.

It would be easier to turn off team damage globally and I do not like that either. New bugs, people abusing it somehow... You have an ancient priviliege to kill tking you teammates it is REVENGE! You can not strip people of that - never it is the core of fun many times.
Maybe you can have it have 2 or 3 seconds cooldown, so in the first 2 or 3 seconds of hacking you wouldn't be invulnerable to team damage and obstruction, but after that you would.

You know what guys, making them invulnerable only from melee kicks, melee katas and slaps would be enough, and it wouldn't make those problems you mentioned (plus, the cooldown in my previous post). They can't nade-stop them so much as nades are limited, and straight team damaging with weapons would award TK points. It is most problem with melee katas, melee kicks and slaps, and that could be disabled without any problems.

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I can see this being abused by trolls who will tap the use button on controls that need to be hacked open (deathstar doors come to mind). If it's able to be disabled on a per-switch basis then that would be good, I think.

I can see this being abused by trolls who will tap the use button on controls that need to be hacked open (deathstar doors come to mind). If it's able to be disabled on a per-switch basis then that would be good, I think.
The cooldown I proposed would help with this:
Maybe you can have it have 2 or 3 seconds cooldown, so in the first 2 or 3 seconds of hacking you wouldn't be invulnerable to team damage and obstruction, but after that you would.