Interrupting Weapon Reload

When you reload a weapon you have no choice but to keep reloading until the magazine is full. Sometimes, this can mean very long reloads and you can't afford them, but you need some shots in your weapon. So, I'm suggesting adding an option to interrupt reloading, maybe by clicking 'reload' again or 'use' or some other key. This can also be useful, for example, if you've started reloading your projectile rifle and you want to stop reloading so you can switch to another weapon because an enemy is suddenly approaching you.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Reload more often to avoid having to reload for so long.

That's what I do usually, but still sometimes interrupting reload would be useful, especially after you acquire that (nasty) reflex to reload your projectile rifle as soon as you fire, and you do it automatically although you know you shouldn't.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
That's what I do usually, but still sometimes interrupting reload would be useful, especially after you acquire that (nasty) reflex to reload your projectile rifle as soon as you fire, and you do it automatically although you know you shouldn't.
Bad habits get punished the same as any other mistakes :p.

I lke the idea. I think of real life when it comes to this. You run out of ammo on your E-11 and you have to reload! So you start reloading, then a SABERIST chases you down! Then you sit there like a retard and wait for your gun to reload, and can't switch weapons, or do you pull our your pistol and start firing?
I like the idea of stopping a reload, or what I prefer is just to be able to switch weapons during reload, which cancels the reload.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
The idea behind not being able to interrupt it is to create time windows when the shooter cannot fire. This allows timings to move from cover to cover and to exploit in other similar fashions.

Stopping reloads early would be harmful for the game. I personally find that even currently with the possibility of having very short reloads, it's already hard to attack. Changes like these would only exaggerate it.

For specific weapons, this could be considered. However, I don't think there are any that could fit the bill.

if the m5 is gonna have a magazine reload animation without any ejecting a magazine visual might as well let it continue to be the exception