Ideas for music and gameplay.

Well, I've played for a couple days and there's a couple things that are starting to bug me a bit.

First, can we get some changes to the music? I've only played on the Naboo map so far, but even so, I'm starting to get sick of hearing "Duel of the Fates" over and over again but otherwise I am enjoying the map. What I would suggest is either allowing the player to select the music from a list of available ones that nobody else can hear, or just randomly changing the music to any of the available ones each round or 2, whichever would be easiest to implement.

Second, I like being the Imperials/Trade Federation/Sith/whatever the side is called, but being the defender all the time is getting a little... routine. I would suggest for all maps either switching the two groups from attacker to defender each round, or if the attacker succeeds in taking over the defender position they become the new defender next round,
maybe even have the entire maps change every few rounds, whichever one would be easier to implement and less monotonous.

Thank you for your time.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
First, can we get some changes to the music? I've only played on the Naboo map so far, but even so, I'm starting to get sick of hearing "Duel of the Fates" over and over again but otherwise I am enjoying the map. What I would suggest is either allowing the player to select the music from a list of available ones that nobody else can hear, or just randomly changing the music to any of the available ones each round or 2, whichever would be easiest to implement.
There is a mod that let a player to choose music to listen. I didn't test it though.
The Dark Side of the Force Awakens | Movie Battles II Community
Second, I like being the Imperials/Trade Federation/Sith/whatever the side is called, but being the defender all the time is getting a little... routine. I would suggest for all maps either switching the two groups from attacker to defender each round, or if the attacker succeeds in taking over the defender position they become the new defender next round,
maybe even have the entire maps change every few rounds, whichever one would be easier to implement and less monotonous.
I'm not sure it's easy to implement, since it would require new objective, which should be invented, coded, debugged, balanced, tested...

Or you mean just every new round imps switches to rebs and in reverse? Than very no. Not a lot of players, myself including, would be happy to find themselves in new team each round, forced to use completely new tactics and remember abilities of new class. That would be a mess.
I think it's not even easy to implement, too, since game would have to remember two builds of each player: one for rebels, another for imperials. Nobody would agree he's sentenced set up new build each round, so it would be up to game.

There is a mod that let a player to choose music to listen. I didn't test it though.
The Dark Side of the Force Awakens | Movie Battles II Community
Thanks, I'll take a look at that.
I'm not sure it's easy to implement, since it would require new objective, which should be invented, coded, debugged, balanced, tested...
I meant something like, say, with the Naboo map, the first round in Republics try to take over the throne room and the Imperials try to defend it like we have now, then if the Republics win the Republics then have to defend the throne room and the Imperials have to try and take it over, and if the Imperials win it switches back, etc. I don't know what the other objectives are for other maps so I can't comment on those. In addition to that, maybe have the map switch to another every 10 rounds or something, or at least an option when the server is made to be able to do that, call it "random map Open server" and "random map duel server" or something like that.

I'm really into this mod but I just want to keep things from getting too... well, samey.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I meant something like, say, with the Naboo map, the first round in Republics try to take over the throne room and the Imperials try to defend it like we have now, then if the Republics win the Republics then have to defend the throne room and the Imperials have to try and take it over, and if the Imperials win it switches back, etc.
Wait, it's rebels who supposed to storm the panic room and imps who's about not let inside anybody. But since open mode isn't auth anyway, it can be discussed...
In addition to that, maybe have the map switch to another every 10 rounds or something
IMHO this is just too often. And loading a map takes a lot of time on some computers.
or at least an option when the server is made to be able to do that, call it "random map Open server" and "random map duel server" or something like that.
Most servers have maps rotation/cycle.
There are RTV (Rock The Vote) servers which allow people to change maps by voting.

Last edited:
Wait, it's rebels who supposed to storm the panic room and imps who's about not let inside anybody. But since open mode isn't auth anyway, it can be discussed...
Yeah, obviously on authentic servers this wouldn't be happening by their very nature, but with open servers and duel servers that aren't also authentic it's something that could work with those. The idea is simply to keep rounds from getting too repetitive, so anything that could do that would help, my idea or not.

IMHO this is just too often. And loading a map takes a lot of time on some computers.
I just went with the first number of rounds I could think of, I didn't really expect that to be an effective number. I just figure switching maps at random is something that could happen after an appropriate number of rounds. It's just another idea that popped into my head to keep shaking things up every so often.
Most servers have maps rotation/cycle.
There are RTV (Rock The Vote) servers which allow people to change maps by voting.
Ah. Those servers aren't in my country and they're usually not very populated anyway so I haven't been trying them.

Preston

Nerd
Imps defend most of the maps for balance reasons. And theres a modthat lets you choose your music. Or just disable it and play your own music