•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

I need rcon commands

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I remember there was an admin application "from just a little girl, who want to ban bad guys those hurt me and my friends".
Too bad that thread was not only closed, but deleted, too. I guess that was an OP's sister.

EDIT: Or wait, wait, do you just need help with rcon of your own server?
If you do, just connect to *your* server, open a console by pressing Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `), type:
Code:
rconpassword Scaretale
where "Scaretale" is your actual password from a config.
Then you can type regular server commands in console, adding "rcon" in the beginning, like this:
Code:
rcon map mb2_dotf
to change current map to dotf.

Also there is smod system in mb2, check "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\MBII Readme.html" file to learn how to use it, also that file contains detailed description of most important admin commands.
I've put copy of a command list under a spoiler:
login <password> - Allows you to login as SMOD admin.
logout - Allows you to logout from SMOD.
status - Displays server status.
who - Displays status of other admins on server.
map <map> - Changes map.
nextmap - Switches to next map in rotation.
gametype <number> - Changes gametype (3 = Duel, 4 = Power Duel, 7 = MovieBattles)
mbmode <number> - Changes MB mode - only works in MovieBattles gametype (0 = Open Mode, 1 = Semi-Authentic, 2 = Full-Authentic).
say <message> - Prints chat message in red labelled as 'Admin'.
smsay <message> - Prints chat message in yellow, in the admin chat channel("[Admin]"), only visible to other admins.
ban <name or clientid> - Bans the specified client.
removeban <IP> - Removes the specified IP from the banlist.
tempban <clientid or name> <number of rounds> - Temporarily bans client for specified number of rounds.
tempbanlist - Shows actual temporarily banned clients with number of rounds remaining to go and tempbanID.
removetempban <tempbanID> - Removes the specified tempbanID from the tempbanlist.
kick <name or clientid> - Kicks the specified client.
forceteam <name or clientid> <team> - Forces the specified client to the specified team (1 = Red team, 2 = Blue team, 3 = Spectator).
info - Displays all SMOD commands which are available according to your log-in level.
vstr <argument> - Allows you to execute vstr commands.
campaign <number> - Disable (0) or enable (1) the usage of the campaign file.
campaignfile <argument> - Name of the campaign file (.mbcr file).
shuffle - Reassigns all players to a team according to their scores and locks them to the team for an amount of time defined in the g_ShuffleTimer cvar.
mute <clientid or name> <number of minutes> - Prevents a client using chat for the specified number of minutes. The default mute time is 5 minutes.
unmute <clientid or name> - Unmutes a muted client.
settk <clientid or name> <number of TK points> - Forces the TK points of a client to the specified number.

Anywhore, that's a wrong section for this thread.
If you need any help with technical issues, if you want to ask question about mb2 commands or something like this, start threads there: Support
If you want to become admin on official servers, this section is for you: Admin Applications
If you want to become admin on some unofficial servers, contact their owners.

Last edited:

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Moved the thread to Support section.
Liked how you started shitting on a guy who just wanted a help :(

/rconPassword <password> - log in as RCON admin
/rcon status - get list of players on the server with their IPs, IDs and other info
/rcon clientkick <nick or id> - kick
/rcon ban <nick or id> - ban
/rcon removeip <xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx> - unban IP
/rcon mute <nick or id> <minutes> - mute player for <minutes> minutes
/rcon settk <nick or id> <amount> - set TK points of <nick or id> to <amount>
/rcon addip <xxx.xxx.0.0.> - rangeban
/rcon svsay <message> - print "Server: <message>" in the chatbox
you can also set cvars on server by typing
/rcon <cvar> <value>, for example /rcon g_MinMBPoints 50

Last edited: