•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue I need a download link for 1.4.3

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Just download MBII Launcher and update your installation using it.
What's your problem?

Alternatively, you can download Movie Battles manually. All links are up-to-date, not old:
Download
Please notice manual download = server install.
Please notice that manual download is consist of 4 files. ALL FOUR FILES ARE REQUIRED!
They must be unpacked overwriting existing files, in correct order:
First goes 3.3 GB, then patch 1.4 to 1.4.1, then patch 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 and finally, 1.4.2 to 1.4.3.

Just download MBII Launcher and update your installation using it.
What's your problem?

Alternatively, you can download Movie Battles manually. All links are up-to-date, not old:
Download
Please notice manual download = server install.
Please notice that manual download is consist of 4 files. ALL FOUR FILES ARE REQUIRED!
First goes 3.3 GB, then patch 1.4 to 1.4.1, then patch 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 and finally, 1.4.2 to 1.4.3.

I deleted my MB11 file and replaced it with the one from the download link. It still wouldn't work :(((

I have mac the launcher does not work. Unless there is a mac version I cant update.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I deleted my MB11 file and replaced it with the one from the download link. It still wouldn't work
This tells me nothing. How exactly it "doesn't work"?
Mistake made most often with manual installation is wrong order of unpacking. Try again, checking order of extracting.
btw, what is path you use to place files?
I have mac the launcher does not work. Unless there is a mac version I cant update.
Mac Launcher should work, you just have to run it using Mono.
http://www.moviebattles.org/download/MBIILauncherLIN.exe
Installation & Troubleshooting Guide
Download | Mono

I
This tells me nothing. How exactly it "doesn't work"?
Mistake made most often with manual installation is wrong order of unpacking. Try again, checking order of extracting.
btw, what is path you use to place files?

Mac Launcher should work, you just have to run it using Mono.
http://www.moviebattles.org/download/MBIILauncherLIN.exe
Download | Mono

I don't understand what you mean by order of extraction. I just put the torrent into utorrent and wait for it, then I put it my game folder. Then when I open the game it takes me to version 1.3.2 everytime.

Mono is too complicated to use. Last time I just download it and put it in my game folder, from a different site I think, but the torrents are not doing that.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I don't understand what you mean by order of extraction. I just put the torrent into utorrent and wait for it, then I put it my game folder. Then when I open the game it takes me to version 1.3.2 everytime.
Why don't you even read my replies?
I made myself very clear:
You can't download only one file and get 1.4.3 installed, you just can't.
THERE IS NO SINGLE ZIP CONTAINING MOVIE BATTLES 1.4.3!

Is it more understandable now?

By downloading and unpacking a single file you only get 1.4.
Then you have to download and unzip patch 1.4 to 1.4.1.
Then you have to download and unzip patch 1.4.1 to 1.4.2.
Then you have to download and unzip patch 1.4.2 to 1.4.3.
All links are here: Download
You need server download, not client.

ORDER OF UNZIPPING IS IMPORTANT!
If you extract (for example) patch 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 before patch 1.4.1 to 1.4.2, your installation will be broken.

If you do get MBII 1.3, than it means...
  • you did download very wrong file, or
  • you unzipped it to wrong location, or
  • you didn't unzipped it at all, and your MBII still use files from old installation.
Mono is too complicated to use.
No it's not.
Download and install Mono, then start a Mono using a MBII Launcher as a command line parameter, as described here:

Mono is just an emulator, a virtual machine, that allows you to run some Win32 executable files on Mac or Linux.
Mono itself is a Mac (or Linux) native application.
It reads DotNET files, interprets them, then calls suitable native OS procedures to get app working.

Think of Mono as a text editor, like Notepad (or whatever Mac users do have), and think of MBII Launcher as a text file.
Or, Mono is Adobe Photoshop, and Launcher is a picture of cute little kittens =)
Or, Mono is a NES emulator, and MBII Launcher is "Battletoads & Double Dragon" game.

All you have to do is install it and and pass a path to app you want to run as a command line parameter.

Last edited: