•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[EXPIRED] I can't launch the game at all.

Hey, guys!

Returning player here. I am experiencing some difficulties with starting the game. Currently there are two scenarios:

1. I launch the game from the MBII launcher with MBII client set as Engine and when I start the game it shows "mbii.x86.exe - Application error (0xc0000005)".

2. I launch the game from Steam (with the Engine in MBII launcher set to JAMP and Steam integration checked) and in this instance the game starts, but it doesn't even get to the main menu. It shows the title screen and freezes there. When I press either space or click with the mouse, it crashes.

Any suggestions? I have read both the Windows technical FAQ and the Installation & Troubleshooting Guide. I also searched across the forums for a possible solution, but so far nothing. It's obvious that I am missing something. Can you help me?

Thank you.

Edit: If it's of any use - I can't launch the base game either.

Last edited:

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
What do you mean by "can't launch the base game"? Does it close unexpectedly? Exit with an error?

I'm guessing there's a more fundamental issue with your system (such as no proper graphics driver installed). The error you mentioned is a generic one related to application memory which you really shouldn't see under normal circumstances.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
By base game I mean vanilla Jedi Academy. I am playing on an older laptop, but I played MB II on it not that long ago.
Yes I realized that, I was asking for specifics of how it didn't work - as simply saying "it doesn't work" isn't really enough information for anyone to even begin helping. The extra detail may not be relevant, but it might provide a clue too.

Have you confirmed a proper graphics driver is installed on the computer? It should not be called "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" or anything similar.