How to Basic?

T r i s t a n

Banned
Hello there,
I am not a Mod Creator, nor have I ever attempted to be one. But what I have found is thus; The modding community is absolutely incredible. It created this. It continues to update, it has an active Admin, and Moderator number, and has access to a community that are individually trying to help better this game (even other modders trying to build custom models and maps.)

Now I have become curious, what program files do you use to create a mod? maybe not an Over Haul of this magnitude. But perhaps a simple skin replacement, or reskin. I have been very curious how to custom design my very own character. But I lack any knowledge of how to do so, therefor.
I'm obviously stupid.

Anyone?

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
The simplest is probably a replacement. You'll need:
  • a model/sound or whatever from some modder
  • a program capable of opening pk3 files (winzip, 7zip, winrar, pakspace)
  • notepad
For making your own reskins for models, you'll need:
  • The aforementioned
  • Jedi Academy SDK tools, notably Modview (look for it in JKHub.org)
  • An image editing software of choice (Photoshop, Gimp)
For making your own maps, you'll need:
  • The aforementioned
  • GTK Radiant 1.4 or 1.5
For making your own models, you'll need:
  • The aforementioned, except for GTK Radiant
  • 3D modeling software such as Blender, 3DS Max or Maya
There are a fair detail of tutorials lying around. I recommend googling things like "jedi academy modding tutorial" or "quake 3 modding tutorial" or "quake 3 skinning tutorial" etc. These should get you going for basic content creation :)

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
If you need help, be sure to post here or JKHub.org, there's a bunch of helpful guys lying around on both forums ;)

T r i s t a n

Banned
If you need help, be sure to post here or JKHub.org, there's a bunch of helpful guys lying around on both forums ;)

Well my interests currently surround me in the future possibly creating a Re-Skin, because I am very new to Modification so it will take some time for me to teach myself the basic steps.