How do I make an MB2 video?

I wanna be cool and make le funny mb2 montage, but idk how. I have demos recorded and stuff I just dont know how to edit them or even where to start to make a vid

Upvote 0

dwarf

Donator
jaMME hasn't been supported in years.
Playing demos from the Main Menu i haven't been able to get to work for years as well.
I just shadow play moments from games with friends and upload clips of them to youtube. Nice to have the good moments on video.

Here and there. Bought a new comp after the old one decided to recycle itself.

Now just need need to delete a few hundred gig for space and figure out why Windows 10 is bitching me with 100% disc usage whenever it autoruns skype? edge? phone? when I do not use them, have not set them up, and would delete if I could.

dwarf

Donator
That's good, a few people have have caught contact with me in the past year, it's good now that we have an Aus community.
In terms of your skype, edge and phone problem go into Task Manager and disable them through the details tab.
skype.png

Need to try this on restart. o_O

Also, I am not a British reject criminal, aka...Australian.
I'm a descendant of the barbarians that sacked Rome.

FU, Western Civilization. Also, Eastern.

The North, remembers.

Hey! I totally get wanting to make a funny MB2 montage, they're always so entertaining to watch! So, first off, you're gonna need a video editing software to put together your clips and add all those cool effects. There are plenty of good free and paid options, just depends on your preference and budget. Start by importing your demos into the video editor, trim the bits you want to use, and arrange them in the order that makes the most sense for your montage. Once you've done that, feel free to add text, transitions, and sound effects to make it more dynamic and engaging. As you experiment, you'll get a better feel for what works best for your video style. Oh, and my one friend has been using Movavi for a while now, seems to like it. Good luck, mate! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Last edited:
jaMME removal made this so much harder and worse. Unfortunately MB2 can't go open source so it can't be used.

As far as I can remember you can't even pause or rewind demos so you have to play the whole game demo just to collect one moment perfectly and it can take you a few tries sometimes, or you record a bigger thing then you cut it later which is tedious as well. This is the biggest hindrance, the camera angles and movement we can live without, but this makes making these videos so much harder and longer than it used to be with jaMME.

I wonder why it is so hard to add demo rewinding/pausing in MB2 but yeah the devs haven't done it thus far. Maybe it requires that plugin which needs open sourcing. However, I wish it could somehow be implemented as it would be a huge help for content creation.

Edit: Just realised this is a necropost.

Last edited: