•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher How do I get this game to work on mac??

I've been trying to get this mod to work on mac all day. All the downloads for mac are .exe's. Do those even work on mac? I would be playing on my pc, but all I have is a mac atm and I'm a lot less familiar with them. I tried downloading the .zip from moddb, but I don't know where to extract it and I can't get the mod to show up in-game. The tutorials were no help. There is no gamedata folder in the mac version. I'm so confused. Can someone please help me?

Guide for new installations of Movie Battles II on a Macintosh.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Requires a physical copy of the Macintosh version of Jedi Academy, and can be purchased through the Mac store, as well as the Steam store.
  1. Navigate to your home library folder, by using the "Go" menu of the Finder while pressing the "alt" key.
  2. Go to "Application Support".
  3. Then depending on the version of jka you use open the folder :
    • "Jedi Academy" : for Steam Version
    • "Jedi Academy MP" : for CD Version
    • "OpenJK" : for OpenJK version
  4. Select the folder MBII contained in Movie Battles II .zip file, and drag it in to the folder previously identified (at point 3). There must be ONLY an MBII folder with all the files. If you have a zip containing a patch don't replace the entire folder, but replace the content inside that MBII folder.
  5. There are several ways to run MBII on a Mac :
    • On earlier patches (1.01c/d), you can hold shift while running Jedi Academy MP and type in “+set fs_game MBII”
    • Alternately for the newer patch (1.01e) and steam version, Redsaurus has provided us with an application for Mac that launches straight to MBII, JKJALauncher.app. You will need to launch it the first time holding the shift key to configure it by adding "+set fs_game MBII" in its setup.
  6. Enjoy !

Troubleshooting
Steam Users
To run MBII, follow the instructions in the Installation Guide. Play_MBII.bat located in the GameData folder does not work with the Steam version of Jedi Academy.

MAX_QPATH Error
Remove mb2_rc_hangarc.pk3 from your MBII folder.

Unexplained Mac client crashing
Disable EAX in your sound options, it may solve any unexplained crashing problems.