Helmet View

dwarf

Donator
I could have sworn that there was a helmet view for a specific bounty hunter. Particularity Boushh. Was it removed? Or am i just remembering wrong?

Also, is there any chance on the helmet view (and if possible true view) being updated? I've been enjoying playing with it the past month.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I don't personally remember a boushh one, nor do I see one on the files.

I doubt it will be updated in the near future, not that many people use it and there are so many things that need to be tackled that will impact more.

If people in the community want to have a go at some updates, I doubt there would be any issue with that if they are well done.

dwarf

Donator
Fair enough, i must be remembering wrong.
Is it possible to edit the existing ones at all ourselves? They seem like they're just images apart from when you enter sniper mode and it blinks red.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Yes, they're just images in MBAssets2.pk3/gfx/hud

You can add new ones as well if you wish, to new models. Its just a line in the modeldata.cfg

Code:
// helmetview
HelmetShader "gfx/hud/mbarc"

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I remember mandos and vader having specific helmet views like back in b18.

dwarf

Donator
Yeah they still have the same helmet view from as far back as i can remember. You can tell they haven't been touched since the helmet HUD lines up perfectly with the old HP/AMMO bars we used to have, back when they were horizontal lines.

Makes for some pretty funky game play though.