Goodbye! (Subaru is retiring)

Hello, MB2 Community. With some amount of sadness, I'd like to announce my departure. As of now I am no longer a part of the development team. There are a few reasons behind this - the first is that I don't really have time. I do game engine programming as my day job, and it's tough to come home at 7:30pm (at the earliest) after a long day at work and keep doing it. The second is that over the past few months I've become more apathetic to development and MB2 as a whole. I've been playing other games, and dealing with both internal team stuff and external community drama is tiring. The last is that MB2 is actually in a healthy place right now. When I first became leader (and forced Spaghetti to become one too), the project was not in a healthy state. We hadn't had a patch in months, there was not a clear structure for how new features got put in the game, and we were reeling from data loss due to a certain incident. In the time since then, we've fixed those issues. We are in a place where we can release content at a better rate than ever before, and due to the influx of people from the new movies, we still have some community to give it to. Yes, it's not perfect, but we now have a working anticheat, a patching system, the game isn't horribly unbalanced, and just a few months ago we had record high player counts. MB2 deserves someone who can put in the time, effort, and energy to continue to keep it going. That being said, I'd like to announce that Stassin is the new lead programmer. He is taking over both my project leadership role and role in making sure MB2 doesn't gain more bugs than it already has. :) I wish him the best, it can be a tough job. It's been fun, everyone. Maybe in a year or so I'll come back to see what the team and community have come up with. Until then, goodbye!

I don't think he's actually leaving the game entirely.

Just officially resigning his duties but might probably still play infrequently. He did seem to get abused alot in-game by people constantly berating/unsatisfied with any new changes. Which sadly remains one of the defining attributes of the community:)

Haters gonna hate.

t( :cool: )t

Or he really did go cold turkey. Ham. Bam. Damn. o_O

Hello, MB2 Community. With some amount of sadness, I'd like to announce my departure. As of now I am no longer a part of the development team. There are a few reasons behind this - the first is that I don't really have time. I do game engine programming as my day job, and it's tough to come home at 7:30pm (at the earliest) after a long day at work and keep doing it. The second is that over the past few months I've become more apathetic to development and MB2 as a whole. I've been playing other games, and dealing with both internal team stuff and external community drama is tiring. The last is that MB2 is actually in a healthy place right now. When I first became leader (and forced Spaghetti to become one too), the project was not in a healthy state. We hadn't had a patch in months, there was not a clear structure for how new features got put in the game, and we were reeling from data loss due to a certain incident. In the time since then, we've fixed those issues. We are in a place where we can release content at a better rate than ever before, and due to the influx of people from the new movies, we still have some community to give it to. Yes, it's not perfect, but we now have a working anticheat, a patching system, the game isn't horribly unbalanced, and just a few months ago we had record high player counts. MB2 deserves someone who can put in the time, effort, and energy to continue to keep it going. That being said, I'd like to announce that Stassin is the new lead programmer. He is taking over both my project leadership role and role in making sure MB2 doesn't gain more bugs than it already has. :) I wish him the best, it can be a tough job. It's been fun, everyone. Maybe in a year or so I'll come back to see what the team and community have come up with. Until then, goodbye!
Goodbye. And may the force be with you.