•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue FPS Problem

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I see. I'm guessing the maps because most of the time I experience FPS drops on certain maps no matter the player count online. While in other maps it's not so (or not at all) noticeable.

Pretty much every level I have made is well within the bounds of what JKA is capable of (like 1/10th the max of what I've ever gotten JKA to do or better), and I spend a lot of time optimizing and cleaning up the visibility to get the most detail possible with the limited resources. There are probably some areas I could still improve on, but a majority of the performance improvements we are going to get are from other areas.

What do we consider decently modern PC?
My PC is a bit older than yours though, 7 years old actually. Does it hit that scale? xD
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 641 Quad-Core 2.80 Ghz
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (1 GB dedicated memory, 4 GB distributed memory)

This should play fine, unless there is some weird bottleneck somewhere. However, it is not the best for even a 7 year old PC. It is only barely above the power of my PC from 2008 (I could overclock that and get the same performance).

Your settings look mostly fine, but I would put texture filter on trilinear, and anistrophic filter on full. Those are pretty much entirely GPU to my knowledge and you get a good visual benefit for essentially no performance impact.

First things first: I asked about two things, specs and screenshot. You only posted driver info but didn't say what a computer you do have -- why?
Why do you believe it's ok to ignore half of the answer about your issue?

Second, turned out you have GLDirect. It's a software that emulates OpenGL via DirectX (Jedi Academy does use OpenGL for ouput, not DX), and, as almost any other emulator, it causes big performance degradation.
That software didn't materialize on your PC outta nowhere; it's you who downloaded and installed it, even if you don't remember it.
It's necessary to delete GLDirect to get better FPS.
If you can't find GLDirect in the list of installed programs, and you don't know how to delete it, delete OpenGL32.dll from "Jedi Academy\GameData". If there is no OpenGL32.dll in that folder, search for OpenGL32.dll on the whole system partion (aka, usually, C: drive), delete it, and reinstall videocard drivers.
To make sure is GLDirect really gone, once again go to MBII => Settings => Video => Graphics Options 3 => Show driver info -- there should be no any mentions of GLDirect; Only NVIDIA- or ATI-related (depends on what graphics you actually do have) data must be there.
If you believe you deleted GLDirect, but "Show driver info" still shows the same text, you didn't delete GLDirect properly. Try again until it says NVIDIA or ATI (or Intel, if integrated video is only thing on your computer).

opengl32.dll files are located in System32 and other windows files. Do I have problems if I delete it?