•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue FPS drop when looking at other players

I've just reinstalled the game after a few months away and it runs fine in duels when I'm only looking at another player. If I'm dueling someone and I look in the direction of everyone else in the server the frames drop to around 10 and the game gets super laggy to the point where I can't duel, are there any settings I can change to try and fix this?

Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

What CPU do you have? Is it a potato pc?

I have the same problem and I do not have a poop PC as far as I am concerned, it has an Intel Core 2 Duo and 4 RAM and not only happens to me in duel, but it basically happens to me in open. Modes and believe me, I have everything at the lowest, the resolution is 800x900, the geometric details and the other visual oppressions, everything is under the game, it looks like crap and keeps me getting the same

Last edited:
What CPU do you have? Is it a potato pc?
look I'll give you better in an image
InkedAnotación 2019-12-21 214709_LI.jpg

That's a very weak cpu Emmanuel, which might be the cause of some of your problems - graphical settings like you mentioned are affected by gpu performance, unlike showing many players at once which is more cpu-bound.

*edit* try setting enhanced effects to 'normal' down from 'high'
Butternut, first make sure your network settings are correct: data rate 25000 max packets 100 snaps 40
Then try capping setting max fps to 125
If that doesn't work switch from jamp to openJK (or vice versa) in Launcher --> settings (you will have to uncheck steam inegration to switch)
If none of that works you could try reinstalling as this has apparently worked in the past ([SOLVED] - why is my FPS so awful?)

That's a very weak cpu Emmanuel, which might be the cause of some of your problems - graphical settings like you mentioned are affected by gpu performance, unlike showing many players at once which is more cpu-bound.

*edit* try setting enhanced effects to 'normal' down from 'high'
Butternut, first make sure your network settings are correct: data rate 25000 max packets 100 snaps 40
Then try capping setting max fps to 125
If that doesn't work switch from jamp to openJK (or vice versa) in Launcher --> settings (you will have to uncheck steam inegration to switch)
If none of that works you could try reinstalling as this has apparently worked in the past ([SOLVED] - why is my FPS so awful?)
So far since yesterday I put the comment I have been changing my configuration play an open game and I was going to regulate if with barios pulls and it was already night I gave up and went to bed but I go to several VARIOUS pulls look at my configuration to see if you can help here some images of my current configuration I will not move again if I do not know what I am doing.
Captura de pantalla (7).png
Captura de pantalla (11).png

You can increase your Geometric Detail, Texture Detail and Texture Quality
as well as set detailed shaders to 1

You should cap your fps to 125 or below

Make sure to set Enhanced Effects to normal